How to create and use a custom footer in Jupiter X?
Jupiter X theme lets you use a default customizer footer or create a new custom footer from scratch using Elementor. The process of creating a footer using Elementor includes creating a footer template and assigning it to a page. Creating the footer using Elementor allows you to use all of the Elementor elements, allowing you to have a highly customized footer.
Difference Between Default Customizer Footer and Custom Elementor Footer?
Default customizer footer has limited options and styles while the custom Elementor footer has pretty much unlimited customization because of it’s widgets. This means that you will be able to add any Elementor element to the footer: buttons, images, headings, icons, etc.
Customizer footer feature is a great way to quickly create a simple footer to use on your website. However, if you are looking for some specific footer design, Elementor will allow you to do that.
Note: To learn more about styling the default footer, we suggest you read this article.
Using a custom footer in your website
To use a custom footer in your website, you must:
- Create your custom footer in Elementor
- Assign it to all pages on your website or to a specific page.
We will describe them step by step.
Creating a new Custom Footer in Elementor
Note: Adding a new custom footer in Jupiter X, can be only done with the Elementor plugin. To learn how to install it, check out this article.
1. From the WordPress left menu, click on Templates and go to Saved Templates menu.
2. Next to My Templates title, click on the Add New button.
3. For the template type select Footer and give your footer a name and click on the Create Template button.
4. You will now be redirected to Elementor page editor where you can choose a footer template from the library or create your new footer from scratch using Elementor. Some of the pre-made footers are part of Elementor Pro and in order to use them, you must purchase Elementor Pro first. You can also use the Jupiter X pre-made templates. Those templates are free.
To see the Jupiter X templates, simply click on Jupiter X. You can use your preferable template by clicking on Insert button.
If you don’t want to use pre-made templates and plan to create your custom footer from scratch, simply click on x icon. That will redirect you to the Elementor page editor.
5. If you’re using a pre-made template, you can customize it or add new widgets to it. In order to customize a brand new footer (without using a pre-made template), first determine how many columns you need for your footer template. Then add your desired Elementor’s widgets to it such as Site Logo.
You can also add WordPress widgets to your footer template by going to WORDPRESS category in Elementor widgets panel.
6. Publish the template after your customization.
In case you are using Elementor Pro for footer template with Display Conditions, some of the Jupiter X footer customizations may not work properly and to fix that :
1. Make sure the Display Conditions are not provided for your footer templates.
Just save a template without conditions.
2. Make sure the Sticky option under Scrolling Effect is set to None in the Advanced settings of the Section container in your footer template.
Assigning the Custom Footer to your Website
After creating the custom footer, you must assign it to your website. To do that please follow the steps below:
1. From the WordPress left menu, go to Jupiter X > Layout builder > Footer
2. There, you will see all your Footer templates
3. Now in order to display them you need to choose the condition for your footer template, click on the Edit condition button and create rules to display the footer
4. Click on Save and close.