How to create a sticky header
The process of creating a sticky header is the same as creating a normal header, the only difference is that it needs to be assigned as Sticky header in the customizer or page options.
Assigning Global Sticky Header
1. From WordPress left menu, go to Appearance > Customize.
2. From the Customizer left dashboard, go to Header.
3. For Behavior select Sticky.
4. A new My Templates option below will appear. Select your sticky header template from there.
5. Save the changes and Publish.
Editing Custom Sticky Header via Customizer
There are options that allow you to edit custom sticky header template or create a new one without leaving the Customizer panel when editing header settings.
When setting a Behavior type to Sticky, you’ll be able to select a template from the drop down list in My Templates setting or click on the “New” button to create a new sticky header template. The popup window will appear with the Elementor editor allowing you to create a new header.
If you selected the template from the drop down list, you can also edit it clicking on “Edit” button.
This way you won’t need to return to Elementor Templates and leave Customizer panel to be able to create or edit header template. Now it’s possible inside the Customizer > Header.
Assigning a Page Specific Sticky Header
Note:Post Options section will appear on the page backend only after you install the plugin Advanced Custom Fields PRO. It’s bundled with Jupiter X and can be installed via Jupiter X > Plugins as described in this article.
1. From the WordPress left menu, go to Pages and enter the page where you wish to assign your sticky header to.
2. From the Post Options, click on Header.
3. As Type, select Custom and next to that select your header Template.
4. As Behavior select Sticky and next to that select your sticky header Template.
5. Publish or Update the page.