Installing the theme
1. After you download the Jupiter theme from ThemeForest, unzip the file and then navigate to the jupiterx folder and locate the jupiterx-vxxx.zip. No need to unzip this file.
2. Open the WordPress admin area in your browser and navigate to Appearance > Themes. Then click Add New.
3. Click on Upload Theme and choose the jupiterx-vxxx.zip file you recently discovered in the ThemeForest package. Click on Install Now and wait while the file is being uploaded and installed.
4. Once the installation is finished, click on the Activate button in the installation results page or in Appearance > Themes.
5. Almost finished! Now, you’ll need to install the Jupiter X Core plugin. To do that, find the notification box that appears at the top in the WordPress admin area (see the screenshot below) and click on the Activate Jupiter X Core Plugin button.
Alternatively, you can install the Jupiter X Core plugin from Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and select the file jupiterx-core-vxxx.zip.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Jupiter X theme.
The next step is to register the theme to be able to install demos and plugins or contact support.
If the problem presist, contact support to get help.
Registering the theme
1. Go to the WordPress admin area and open Jupiter’s control panel. To go to the control panel, either click on the link in the top notification box or go to Jupiter X > Control Panel from the left sidebar.
2. Now click on Activate Product.
3. Provide your email address and the Envato Purchase Code and click on Submit.
4. Now, you’ve successfully registered your Jupiter license. You should have received an email from Artbees containing your Artbees Portal username and password. (If you couldn’t find it in your inbox, make sure to check the spam or junk folder as well.)
From this point, you can start building your website from scratch or use one of our professional templates (demos) to save time. Continue reading if you want to install a template.
Installing a template
1. Go to Jupiter X > Control Panel > Templates. Use the advanced search options to find a template and simply click on the Import button.
2. Choose Full Import, check Include media and then click on Install.
2. Click on Yes to confirm.
Simply wait until the template is installed.
Support and Maintenance
Jupiter X promises free lifetime updates including new features, improvements and bug fixes. You can also enjoy six months of one-on-one support. Make sure to check out the following support resources:
Be a bookworm! Learn more about every single option in Jupiter X theme. Read FAQs. Troubleshoot your issues. Cheatsheets and much more.
A treasure of rich How-to’s, pro tips, super useful tricks, and crash courses.
Ask any questions and our support team will help you ASAP.
Updating Jupiter X
Whenever there is an update available for Jupiter X, it takes up to 24 hours until you see the notification on WordPress Updates.
Alternatively, you can see the update notification in Jupiter X > Control Panel > Updates.
1. Go to Jupiter X > Control Panel > Updates. Click on Update Theme for the latest available update.
3. Now that the theme is updated, it’s time to update the Jupiter X Core plugin as well. Click on Update and click on the update button
4. Find the Jupiter X Core plugin and click on the Update link.
6. Now, check if there are any updates available for other required plugins. If there are, repeat the same process.
- Jupiter X Core
- Advanced Custom Fields.
You are installing the wrong package file. Please refer to the Installing the theme section at the beginning of this article to see which package you need to install.
The free version of Elementor is bundled and required for Jupiter X, so purchasing Elementor Pro is completely optional. Jupiter X works perfectly fine without Elementor Pro. There are multiple plugins bundled with Jupiter X that add tons of features to your website, which means you don’t need to buy Elementor Pro. However, Elementor Pro is also compatible with Jupiter X. Just consider that at some points, the Elementor Pro display conditions may override Jupiter X templates. Learn more
Jupiter X itself doesn’t require more than 128MB of memory. However, while using a couple of other plugins such as Elementor, Jet Elements, Jet Engine etc, the amount of memory used will increase. To ensure that the website will not crash under pressure, it’s recommended to have at least 256M of memory. In order to do that, you can add this line to your wp-config.php file under the database configuration lines:
For more information, please click here.
For more information, please refer to this article.
If you are updating Jupiter X from an old version, it is possible that you will encounter a website crash due to critical errors. In this case, it’s better to remove the theme and Jupiter X Core plugin manually and then install the new version. This way you can avoid updating issues. For more information, please follow this article.