The iDevice Mockup Collection is simple enough to be used by a user with basic knowledge in Photoshop and a single experience of working with smart objects. However below we’ve gathered very quick and simple instructions for those of you who need a step-by-step guide or have no experience of working with smart objects:
The iDevice Mockup
- Open one of the Mockup files in Photoshop. Let’s take ‘iPadAirIsometric21.psd’ as an example.
- In the Layers palette you will see, a layer named ‘screen’. Double-click on it and a new document loads.
- Paste your image (photo, image, screenshot, etc.) into this newly loaded document. To preserve the optimum quality (especially if you plan to use the mockups in a printed project), it’s recommended to paste images that are NOT smaller than the canvas (for example an iPad portrait is 1536×2048 and an iPhone landscape is 1136×640). If your image does not fit within the canvas you can rescale it by using Ctrl+T or Command+T.
- Save the newly loaded document (Ctrl+S or Command+S) and then close it (Ctrl+W or Command+W). Then go back to the main document (iPadAirIsometric21.psd) which was left open while we worked on the secondary document.
- Done! You will see your pasted image located within the mockup container.
If you require more explanation or are stuck on a particular step before the magic happens, just open a ticket explaining the problem, and we will do our best to help you out Enjoy using the iDevice Mockup Collection and thanks for choosing The Ken.