In this article:
How to install a demo template on Jupiter X
Template installation is an automatic process and it needs to be done in the Jupiter X control panel. It is highly recommended to install a template on a fresh WordPress installation in order to bypass the possible issues with your loaded plugins and contents.
Note: Make sure to install Jupiter X Core plugin at first after theme activation in Appearance > Install Plugins.
1. From the WordPress left menu, go to Jupiter X > Control Panel > Templates.
2. In the search box, type the template name you want to install and click on the Import button.
3. Decide if you want the template to override your current content completely or you want partially import. If you chose the Full Import, everything on your website will be removed first (including content, settings, widgets) and the template will be installed from scratch. This is recommended when you want to install a template on a fresh WordPress installation.
If you choose the Content Import, you will have your previous content and only the new pages and widgets will be added. Please note that your Customizer Settings will also reset to the new template settings so you will lose the customizer settings anyway.
3. Check the Include Media (Copyrighted) checkbox at the end. However, after you installed the template you would need to provide your own images as they are copyrighted. This is to ensure that you will see the template as you saw it in our demo pages. If you do not include the media, you will not be able to see the images and you might think that the template is broken while it only doesn’t have the media.
4. Read the message in the pop-up window, then confirm by clicking on the “Yes” button.
Note: Using IE browser will prevent you from successful media import. Please use some other modern browser.
5. Be patient until the installation is completed. It may take several minutes on some web hosts. At this stage, several automatic steps happen:
- The template will be downloaded from our server.
- Required plugins will be installed and activated.
- Post, page contents, navigation, widgets, and sliders will be imported.
6. After successful installation, click on the OK button and check the front end of your site.
Please note that since the templates require plugin installation, you can only install the templates if you have Super Admin privileges. It means that if you are on a Multisite and you logged in as an Administrator, you are not able to install the templates. You must have a Super Admin (Network Admin) account if you are on a Multisite and try to install a template. Otherwise, your template installation will stock in the Plugin installation stage.
404 Error on some pages
Sometimes after the template import, when you click on some custom post type single page links (like single pages on the listing directory templates) you will face a 404 error. In these cases, you only need to save the Permalink structure from WordPress -> Settings -> Permalink and that will resolve the issue.
In case you encountered any issue or error while installing a template, you can troubleshoot it using this guide.
Uninstalling a Template
Note: Make sure to install Jupiter X Core plugin at first after theme activation in Appearance > Jupiter X > Plugins.
1. From the WordPress left menu, go to Jupiter X > Templates.
2. In Installed Template section you’ll see a template that was previously installed. To uninstall it click on the Remove button.
3. Read the message in the pop-up window then click on the “Yes” button. Consider that all of the data and settings of your website will be erased.
4. Be patient until the process is complete. It may take several minutes on some web hosts. After successful uninstallation, click on the OK button.