Installing through WordPress administration
Note: It’s supposed you’ve already downloaded Jupiter X package. If no, read this article where you can get it.
1. From WordPress left menu, go to Appearance > Themes.
2. Click on Add New Theme.
3. Click on Upload Theme button.
4. Click on Choose File button and select jupiterx.zip that you have extracted from the ThemeForest downloaded file, then click on Install Now button and wait for the install to complete.
5. After the theme installed successfully, click on the Activate button.
Uploading through FTP client
Alternatively, you can upload the theme through file transfer protocol. Keep in mind that this will only upload the theme to your website, it will not install or activate it.
1. Use an FTP client (for example Filezilla) to access your host web server.
2. In the files browser navigate to /wp-content/themes.
3. Extract jupiterx.zip and transfer it into the directory /wp-content/themes.
4. Jupiter X is now uploaded to your WordPress website. From WordPress left menu go to Appearance >Themes and activate the Jupiter X.
After you activated the theme you must install Jupiter X Core plugin to be able to use all theme features. To do this:
1. Go to Appearance > Jupiter X > Plugins.
2. Find Jupiter X Core plugin and click on Activate button.
After that you’ll be able to edit Jupiter X via Customizer and also Jupiter X Control Panel will appear in the dashboard on the left side, so you don’t have to access it via Appearance menu anymore:
Also after theme activation you’ll get a Setup Wizard which helps you to configure the theme:
Clicking Run Setup Wizard button will redirect you to a setup page where you’ll be able to register the theme with your purchase code, install the bundled plugins and install any pre-made template that also can be found in Jupiter X > Control Panel > Templates.
You can discard the Setup Wizard and work on the theme settings via Jupiter X Control Panel, but the Wizard gives you a quick configuration just after the theme activation, so you can set up Jupiter X in few clicks.