Installing through WordPress administration
Note: It’s supposed you’ve already downloaded Jupiter X package. If no, read this article where you can get it.
1. From WordPress left menu, go to Appearance > Themes.
2. Click on Add New Theme.
3. Click on Upload Theme button.
4. Click on Choose File button and select jupiterx.zip that you have extracted from the ThemeForest downloaded file, then click on Install Now button and wait for the install to complete.
5. After the theme installed successfully, click on the Activate button.
Uploading through FTP client
Alternatively, you can upload the theme through file transfer protocol. Keep in mind that this will only upload the theme to your website, it will not install or activate it.
1. Use an FTP client (for example Filezilla) to access your host web server.
2. In the files browser navigate to /wp-content/themes.
3. Extract jupiterx.zip and transfer it into the directory /wp-content/themes.
4. Jupiter X is now uploaded to your WordPress website. From WordPress left menu go to Appearance >Themes and activate the Jupiter X.
After you activated the theme you must install Jupiter X Core plugin to be able to use all theme features. To do this:
1. Go to Appearance > Jupiter X > Plugins.
2. Find Jupiter X Core plugin and click on Activate button.
After that you’ll be able to edit Jupiter X via Customizer and also Jupiter X Control Panel will appear in the dashboard on the left side, so you don’t have to access it via Appearance menu anymore:
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. What’s wrong?
You are installing the wrong package file. Please make sure you are installing the correct package after extracting the downloaded file from ThemeForest. Here is more info.