There are two places you can find the bundled plugins in Jupiter X:
- The Jupiter X Control Panel -> Plugins.
- WordPress Dashboard -> Appearance -> Install Plugins.
Note: Make sure to install Jupiter X Core plugin at first after theme activation in Appearance > Install Plugins
Jupiter X -> Control Panel -> Plugins
You can find the plugins panel after installing the Jupiter X Core plugins.
In the Plugins panel, you will see a button below the name of each plugin.
- Add button will add the plugin to the list of your WordPress website.
- Activate button will activate the plugin in your WordPress website.
- Deactivate button will deactivate the plugin on your WordPress website.
- Network Active button which is always disabled means that this plugin is network active and you need to go to My Sites -> Network Admin -> Plugins in order to activate/deactivate that plugin.
Based on the description above, you need to first add a plugin to your website and then activate it. Adding it alone does not make the plugin active and you can not use it unless you activate it.
You also need to have the super admin privilege in order to be able to change the plugins state.
As soon as you try to Add a plugin to your WordPress for the first time, a modal will show and asks for your confirmation.
By clicking on the “Continue” button, the installation process begins.
Then it will show you a success message.
After you hit “OK” you will be redirected to the same page, but this time you will see the Activate button instead of Add below that plugin section.
Clicking on Activate will again redirect you to the same page, but this time the plugin is activated and ready to use.
Appearance -> Install Plugins
As an example, we will install Advanced Custom Fields, a required plugin for Jupiter X which comes bundled with the theme.
1. From WordPress left menu, go to Appearance.
2. From the control panel left menu, go to Install Plugins.
3. Next to Advanced Custom Fields PRO, click on Install link.
4. After Installing, click on Activate link.
6. Advanced Custom Fields is now installed and activated on your website. It will be displayed above in the Plugins section.
Note: Please make sure the plugin server requirements are provided on your web host first. You can check the Jupiter X server requirements here. Also, read this article to understand why you should keep your active plugins at a minimum.
I can not see the Install Plugins under the Appearance menu. What is the problem?
You either have no plugin installation role associated with your account, or the web host can not access to Artbees servers. In these cases, it’s recommended to install and activate the Jupiter X Core plugin from Plugins -> Add New -> Search for Jupiter X Core and then navigate to Jupiter X -> Control Panel -> System Status to make sure your server meets all the server requirements for having Jupiter X including connection to Artbees Servers.
Plugin installation fails in the middle of the process. What can I do?
Most of the times its permission issues on your wp-content folder. If WordPress could not find proper file permissions it will certainly fail in extracting the plugin files to the wp-content/plugins/. So make sure all the files in your WordPress have 644 and all the folders have 755 permission.