Why is there a space between my elements when I add a new widget to my layout?
You might’ve noticed that in Elementor there are some extra spaces between widgets by default. It’s not about the paddings or margins you may have set before, this is a default space that Elementor will add automatically between widgets. By default there is a minimum 20px space between widgets in your layout. But don’t worry! You can remove this extra space or change it.
Removing/Changing the space between elements
There are two methods you can remove/change the space between elements in Elementor:
Method 1: From the WordPress dashboard menu
1. In WordPress left dashboard menu, go to Elementor > Settings.
2. In Style tab, find the Space Between Widgets option and set your preferable value to the space between elements (unit: px). For instance if you want to remove the default space between widgets completely, just set the value to 0;
3. Save changes.
Method 2: From the Elementor dashboard menu
If you are editing a page in Elementor, you can globally change the space between elements and without having to leave Elementor.
1. From the Elementor left dashboard menu, click on the Burger icon in upper-left corner of the dashboard.
2. In Settings section click on Global Settings.
3. Set your preferable space value in the Widgets Space option.
4. Update the page.