Note: Make sure to install Jupiter X Core plugin at first after theme activation in Appearance > Jupiter X > Plugins.
Note: Make sure to register your theme before proceeding.
1. From the WordPress left menu, go to Jupiter X > Updates.
2. Next to the latest theme version, click on the Update button. Be patient until the update process is done. In some web hosts, it may take several minutes.
Note: If for any reason you do not see the notification, from the WordPress left menu go to Dashboard > Updates and click on Check Again button and check back.
If you have any issues updating the theme automatically, you can use the FTP method, that is described in this article.
In case you faced the error “Api key and domain is not matching” it means that your API key is not matching your domain name in Artbees Portal. If you revoke your API Key once and re-register the theme with the new API key, you won’t face this error anymore. Here you can find how to revoke your API key.
Note: After updating the theme, it is highly recommended to update the bundled plugins. To learn how, check out this article.
In case the automatic update didn’t work for any reason, it might have below possible reasons:
- Server cache settings which cause the old package return from the server tmp folder. In this case, it’s better not to waste time and update manually.
- The server has a proxy which denies access to Artbees Servers. Ensure Artbees IP is white listed in your server. Here is the IP address 22.214.171.124
- Trying to update on a multi-site network while you are just a node and doesn’t have the administrator permission.
- The file/folder permission issue.
- Firewall which blocks access to Artbees Servers. Ensure Artbees IP is white listed in your server. Here is the IP address 126.96.36.199
- Plugin conflict. Try deactivating all the plugins and then try updating.
- Missing Remote Get function or cURL package for PHP. In this case, contact your service provider.
- One of the server requirements are not provided correctly in Jupiter X -> Control Panel -> System Status.
NOTE: If you are using an old version of Jupiter X where you had to use Jupiter X Pro (versions below 1.7) you will notice an error after the update. After Jupiter X 1.7 the Jupiter X Pro plugin is no longer needed, so you would need to remove it from your plugins page, otherwise, it may cause some conflicts.