Upgrading Jupiter X to the Pro version is easy. The upgrade button placed in various places inside the WordPress backend including the Jupiter X Control Panel, the menu and also the Customizer.
Upgrading to the Pro version will give you some benefits including ready-made templates, premium plugins and dozens of new features. To see more information about the Jupiter X Pro features, please follow this article.
Upgrading to Pro version has 3 steps:
1 – Getting a license
2 – Registering the theme via the API key
3 – Activating the Jupiter X Pro plugin
Get a Jupiter X license
Jupiter X theme is GPL. It’s available to download and use free of charge inside the wp.org theme repository. It requires no license by default. However, if you wish you upgrade to the Pro version, you would need to obtain a license from ThemeForest first.
You can get a license from the ThemeForest by clicking here and adding the theme to your basket then proceed with the checkout. This article will help you understand how you can buy it from the Envato market, the owners of ThemeForest.net. After obtaining a license, you need to register the theme with it.
Registering the theme via the API key
The next step is to use your purchase code into a usable API Key. To get an API key:
1. On the Artbees website, sign up for an account. If you already have an account, log in and continue to the next step.
2. After signing up, hover over your profile image in the upper right corner and click on the Dashboard link.
3. Add your Purchase Code in the field and click on Submit button.
API key will be generated.
4. Take note of the Artbees API Key to register the theme.
More information about how to get an API key can be found here.
After providing the API key, you need to put it inside the API Key field in the upgrading popup:
Click on the Activate Product and the rest will be taken care of.
Note: In case you had issues registering the theme at this step, please make sure the system resources are meeting the minimum requirements. Especially check for cUrl module and OpenSSL library on your web host to be activated and updated to the latest versions.
Install and Activate Jupiter X Pro Plugin
As soon as you activate the license, the Pro plugin will begin to install. You actually don’t have to do anything at this step.
After the installation, you will see the activation message as below. You can now benefit from all the Pro features.
Note: If you had issues at this step, make sure:
- The WordPress wp-content directory and folders inside it have proper permission. (755)
- The Jupiter X theme files are having the same ownership as the WordPress files have.
- In case you are using a multisite, install the Pro plugin first in your network admin.
- Make sure your web host has access to Artbees website. You can check this in Jupiter X Control Panel -> System Status -> Communication with artbees.net.