How to use and configure built-in footer in Jupiter X?
Jupiter X theme lets you use a default customizer footer or create a new custom footer from scratch using Elementor.
Difference Between Default Customizer Footer and Custom Elementor Footer?
Simply put, the default customizer footer has limited options and styles while the Custom Elementor Footer has pretty much unlimited customization because of its widgets. This means that you will be able to add any Elementor element to the footer: buttons, images, headings, icons, etc.
Customizer footer feature is a great way to quickly create a simple footer to use on your website.
Using the built-in Footer in Jupiter X
1. From the WordPress left menu, go to Jupiter X > Customize.
2. From the Customizer left dashboard, click on Footer.
3. A new panel will show up with the footer customization settings. For the FooterType, select Default.
Here are the most important options which you can find to customize your default footer:
- Behaviour: You can have a regular footer (Static) or change it to Fixed.
- Widget Area: By enabling the Widget Area options, you are able to add widget area to your footer. Then by going to Customizer > Widget and choosing the desired widget area, you can add you preferable widgets to the widget area. Please refer to this article in order to learn more about it. You can also set the Footer’s layout to full width and manage whether the footer should be displayed in smaller screen sizes or not.
- Sub Footer: The Sub Footer content consists of the Copyright Text and Menu. Both can be customized. Similar to the footer, you can make the sub footer Full Width and have control over the displaying of the sub-footer in smaller devices.
4. From Styles tab, you can change each component’s styles by clicking on the Customize button.
Note: To set footer background, refer to this article.
5. After all the customizations, close the options panel and Publish the changes.