Captcha is the functionality available in Jupiter theme to prevent submitting forms by non-human factors such as robot scripts. An example of the case can be seen in the Quick Contact Form at the bottom right section of the screen for the theme.
After the release of Jupiter version 5.1 Artbees team decided to exclude that functionality from the theme to make it less heavy and add it as an extra plugin. If you want to have the captcha functionality, make sure that you install and enable the Artbees Themes Captcha plugin by going to WordPress Admin Menu > Appearance > Install Plugins or Jupiter -> Control Panel -> Required Plugins.
If you do not install it you will have a warning message in places that you can set captcha. For example, you will get the message below if you access Theme Options > Global Settings > Quick Contact > Captcha option:
If you had any trouble with the Captcha image even after you enabled it, it can be the lack of GD library. GD Library is necessary to generate images using PHP, so if you don’t have it, you may contact your web host support to enable it for you.
Captcha isn’t shown because of the 403 error for generate-captcha.php file.
To fix this error, check if the file exists in wp-content/plugins/artbees-captcha directory, and in case it exists, set the file permission to CHMOD 755.
It could be an issue with the host settings, please contact your service provider and tell them about this issue and ask them if the host settings are fine.
Captcha isn’t shown because of the 500 error – Internal Server Error.
Most probably GD Library is not installed on your server. Contact your hosting service provider to check it.
- Ensure you are using the latest version of the theme.
- Activate the parent theme in case you are using the child theme.
- Deactivate all 3rd-party plugins except of WPBakery Page Builder.
- Go to Jupiter > Theme Options > Advanced > Custom JS and remove the code (If you have any code there) temporarily.
- Make sure you are using the Artbees modified version of WPBakery Page Builder, not the original one. Also, ensure you are using the latest WPBakery Page Builder version.
- Make sure that your browser, WordPress and Server cache is cleared and you see live version of the website.
Recommended Hosting Solutions
The following hosting services offer maximum compatibility with Jupiter and provide exclusive discounts to Artbees Themes users: