There are some cases which may cause a delay in receiving an answer to your ticket. Several reasons may cause this to happen but the most important ones are as follows:
Why is my ticket delayed?
In order to use our support service you need to provide us with the Purchase Code and insert it in the proper box while you are opening up the ticket. Please kindly add only the purchase code and no other extra information such as date of purchase or receipt number.
In order to know how to get your purchase code please click here.
When opening the ticket, it is important that you give us detailed information about the problem. This will help us identify problem and give you better service. In general please provide this information:
- URL/USER/PASS of your website
- URL of page that you have question for
- Screenshot of exact place you have question with extra information
- Detailed description about the problem
If you ask more than one question in the ticket, it gets very hard for us to maintain the ticket and answer all of them in detail, as every reply and back and forth will talk about different problems in one place. This will make each reply unnecessarily long and unorganized. We strongly suggest that you ask only one question per ticket.
The normal waiting time for every ticket is 5 hours if you open it up in 8am-8pm (GMT 3+) time period. If you open up your ticket outside of that time period or at the weekend, waiting time will naturally be increased.
In cases that a question of yours is resolved please avoid adding extra questions to the ticket as it will impact the quality of service as discussed in item 3.
If your website is under maintenance mode, or you used a password protection plugin or server level HTACCESS passwords, please make sure that you provide us enough information on how to get past those protection measures to access your website for more investigation.
In many cases we need to check the code of your theme or delve into dashboard and details to find the problem or culprit. So if you develop your website in a local environment you need to upload your website to a staging live server for more investigation. Naturally we will be limited in the service we provide if you do not give us live site information to see and check.
Most of the problems our customers face with the theme, are because of 3rd party plugin conflicts or problems caused by user customization. That is why we encourage you to do these tests before opening up a ticket and if you still have problem inform us about the tests that you did:
- Deactivate all 3rd party plugins and see if it fixes the problem.
- Change from Child Theme (If you use one) to Main theme and see if it fixes the problem.
- For Jupiter: Go to Theme Options > Advanced > Custom JS for Jupiter (and test Custom CSS) and remove any code (If you have code there) temporarily and see if it fixes the problem.
- For Ken: Go to Theme Settings > Skin > Custom JS for Jupiter (and test Custom CSS) and remove any code (If you have code there) temporarily and see if it fixes the problem.
- Please change default theme of your website to something different for example twenty fourteen, and see if the problem is still there. (Keep Visual Composer active in this case).
It is not a good idea to use cache plugins during development phase. It causes so many problems as you see the old version of the theme and not the updated one. There are many cases where cache plugins cause confusion and make customers open tickets. So before opening up a ticket make sure that you:
- Clear WordPress cache, using the plugin you installed (If any)
- Clear your Browser Cache
- Clear server cache if your hosting service provider has such a feature
It is super important for all to have the latest version of our themes. Please make sure that you have your themes up to date before opening up a ticket. To do that please do as follows:
- Backup your website completely.
- Update theme to latest version by clicking here for the guide. (This guide is for Jupiter but same rules apply for all of our themes)
- Go to plugins and deactivate, then uninstall Visual Composer plugin completely.
- Go to Appearance > Install Plugins and install Visual Composer plugin again.
Taking above points into consideration will help us give you better support and also explain why your ticket is delayed in the support system.