#81533 Activating Jupiter X in a staging environment before going live

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Activating Jupiter X in a staging environment before going live

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I bought Jupiter X last night and went through the registration and activation process but accidentally did this on the live version of the site.

Unsurprisingly the install and activation deleted my previous site ready to be updated and customised.

The site had been backed up so I have now restored it to the version that was live prior to installing and activating Jupiter X.

What I would like to do is activate Jupiter X on the staging/testing version of my site but due to the previous activation, the purchase code and API key are already “taken”.

Can you advise on the best way forward.

Thanks

Nodari Support Team

hey there

the same license key can be activated on the staging site only in case if staging sites are a subdomain of the main domains, for example, if your main domain is: domain.com you will be able to activate the same key on any subdomain like this: subdomain.domain.com, there is no other case, unfortunately, ask your hosting provider if they can offer subdomains for staging sites.
    A different solution is to use the revoking feature to revoke the key on one side and then use it on another, but this is not a straightforward way in your situation, https://themes.artbees.net/docs/revoking-api-key/

Let me know if you still have any questions πŸ™‚

info-1c2b3e31

I think I know the answer to this but just want to ask anyway.

If I revoke and then activate on my production environment and create a backup of that in my staging environment, would jupiter x and everything related to it still work?

info-1c2b3e31

additionally…

importing a template keeping my existing content doesn’t seem to work. I get an error message saying I should contact support.

I’m trying to import and install the following template for my site https://jupiterx.artbees.net/cosmetic-shop-2. BUT I understandably don’t want to reset and delete my existing content in order to do so. i.e start from an empty website.

If this is indeed the only option (deleting and reseting), can you give me a step by step guide to how I can import and install this theme and then reupload my old content without having to remake all of my existing work.

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

Let me answer all your questions

1. Yes, everything will work like before, revoking the API key will not touch anything in the theme settings, it’s only responsible for updates and template installation
    2. Where you want to install it on the live site or on production?
    3. Well, in this case, you need to choose content only import and not a full demo, in full demo import you will lose all your existing content on the site, you will have only demo and nothing more,

Thanks, feel free to ask more questions πŸ™‚

info-1c2b3e31

Ok so I’ve imported the template in question – I did a full import seeing as that is the only option that works.

Now I have other problems. The template doesn’t appear as it does in previews:

• Carousels aren’t functioning as carousels
    • Navigation menus don’t appear anywhere
    • The CSS and overall layout aren’t working.

It’s on my live site so you can see the issue here. This is what it look like: https://sfsport.co/

and for reference this is what it’s supposed to look like: https://jupiterx.artbees.net/cosmetic-shop-2

Can you advise on a fix so that I can start customising from the correct point.

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

It’s imported now, please check πŸ™‚
    I downgraded Elementor to version 2.9.14 and template installation worked well

info-1c2b3e31

ok so that could be a problem going forward…so if I upgrade back to the latest version of elementor the template will break down and nothing will work? Does that include any customisations I make going forward as well…

that doesn’t seem like a sustainable situation plan…

is there no way of making it clear which templates are compatible with certain versions of elementor, because this situation isn’t workable.

Nodari Support Team

Good morning

Sure, this is a temporary problem and it will be fixed in the next update which will be released very soon, so worries about this problem it will be fixed very soon πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login