#107619 Cannot install a template

Landing Forums The Ken WordPress Theme Cannot install a template

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’m not able to to install a template. It doesn’t show any error just freezes after step 3 (plugins) and doesn’t progress for ages.

What else can I try please?

Thanks

Chris

chris h

Update: I was able to install a temaplate but without images. Now when Im trying to create Edge Slider and Portfolio with my own images/posts nothing shows up. Could you kindly check and advise please?

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

Please try installing the jQuery Migrate plugin and set it to Legacy settings here https://take.ms/kpAXr

Let us know the results.

Regards

chris h

Thanks Amir! The issue was in outdated theme πŸ™‚ I fixed it but still couldn’t install the template with images, some images however were downloaded and I can work with it for now.

Amir Rather Support Team

Glad to hear that πŸ™‚

Private
    chris h
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Amir Rather Support Team

Hey

Did you set it to legacy settings https://take.ms/kpAXr?

Regards

Private
    chris h
    Amir Rather Support Team
    Private
    chris h
    Amir Rather Support Team

Hey

Could you share the problem page URL? I checked a few portfolio pages all have content showing like http://122.201.64.137/~cp545089/portfolio/portfolio-standard-one-column/

Regards

Private
    chris h
    Private
    chris h
    chris h

Hi

Can I get help on how to keep size and quality of images in Ajax portfolio please?

Thanks

Chris

Amir Rather Support Team

Hey There

I don’t quite understand the issue, looking at that page, could you please attach a few screenshots if possible?

Regards

Private
    chris h
    chris h

Hi Amir, did you have a chance to look please?

Thanks

Chris

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Sorry for a delay.

Ken uses bfi_thumb script which generates other images and crops them. Unfortunately it can’t be disabled.

Please take our apologies.

As an alternative you can try using Jupiter theme (we provide its archive with Jupiter X, so you need to download the whole ThemeForest package) which has more features and you can create custom image sizes.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards.

chris h

Hi Tatyana

That reply is not good enough.

We build a website using a theme you sell, then you tell us it doesn’t have the basic functionality to show images correctly, then you tell us to buy another product only to spend anpther week working on building that site.

Is this a joke?

I have one more question regarding portfolio items please. To edit the portfolio page from the template (e.g. http://122.201.64.137/~cp545089/portfolios/<span id=”editable-post-name”>gallery-with-sidebar-3</span>/) I need to replace images in HTML mk_gallery images=”23394,23405,23406,23494,23392,23403,23496,23393,23793″ with my images. Where and how can I do this please?

Thank you

Chris

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by chris h.
    Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Chris,

My apologies for the inconvenience. Although there is no option to disable the BFI_THUMB features, there is still a way to disable them. If you wish only to disable the BFI_THUMB on the slideshows you are pointing to, you just need a one-line fix. You need to enable your ken-child theme and override ken/shortcodes/mk_image_slideshow.php in ken-child/shortcodes/mk_image_slideshow.php and modify line 37 and change it from:

$image_src = mk_thumbnail_image_gen($image_src_array[0], $image_width, $image_height);

to this:

$image_src = $image_src_array[0]; 

I already did it for you in your parent theme, and you can see the effect of it on the page you mentioned. The image is now showing full size. All you need to do is to enable your ken child theme and copy this file from your parent theme to the same folder in the child theme.

I don’t recommend disabling BFI_THUMB globally because it will cause a lot of unexpected issues for your website. There are some places that you are satisfied with the image sizes and if you remove that functionality globally, you will see lots of problems happening.

—-

Regarding the gallery which is showing in Text mode and does not allow you to select the images, I believe it’s a bug and I’m going to report it so it would be fixed in the next release. However, you can always modify the IDs by finding the media ID in WordPress -> Media and hovering your pointer over the media to see the edit link and then see the ID of the media, or click on it to see the ID in the address bar. You need to add that ID. I have attached two screenshots explaining it. Sorry for the issue with the gallery shortcode, and thanks for your patience.

chris h

Hi Mohsin

Thanks for the detailed description. Few comments from me:

1. How do I enable child theme please? I dont have it available in Appearance – Themes
    2. For parent theme I dont have the same view as you in Theme Edit document. Please see attached. How do I change the line then as I would like all my portfolio sliders to have full size image.

Thanks

Chris

chris h

Hi again

Can you check why overlay disappears from my main page section #contact please?

Also white space appears below footer (please see attached).

http://122.201.64.137/~cp545089/#contact

Thanks

• This reply was modified 5 days, 12 hours ago by chris h.
    chris h

Hello

Where can I change the background colour to #f29020 for the element in attached image please?

I thought I changed it everywhere but portfolio navigation arrows are still green – please see attached.

Thank you

• This reply was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by chris h.
    chris h

Hi

Do you have any updates on my previous messages, please?

Thanks

Chris

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Chris,

My apologies for the delay.

1 – Attached is the Ken Child theme. You can always find the child theme zip files inside the ThemeForest “All Files and Documentation” package. Just install and activate it like a regular theme, but make sure the Ken theme is already active.

2 – Regarding the file mismatches, you are doing it on the wrong path. Double-check the path that I mentioned. You are doing it on shortcode-options folder, while you should find that file on shortcodes folder.

3 – Regarding the overlay, it is showing fine. Are you using any specific browser? Can you please name the browser so I check it with that browser? (Check my screenshot, please)

4 – In order to change that color, you need to add this CSS fix in Theme Settings -> Custom CSS:

.pagnav-wrapper .pagenav-bottom {
        background-color: #b75d14;
    }

Remember to change the color code with your desired color code.

Hope it helps πŸ™‚

Bests

chris h

Good Morning

Thank you for you response, please see my comments below:

1 & 2 I will test today – thank you!

3 – Im using Opera on Mac, however I just tried in Chrome too and it’s also inconsistent. When you open the page and click menu item Contact, the overlay comes with a bit of a delay. But it shows up. Try now opening one of the project menus on the same page (Workplace Consulting section) and the overlay will disappear. It also has the white space under the footer.

With Firefox works just fine.

4 – fixed it, thanks.

Could you get back to me within today for item #3 please?

Thank you

Chris

chris h

Hi Mohsin

I tried to activate Ken child theme and few elements disappeared, I really don’t have time now to re-do the website as I need to submit it to the client today.

I changed the line 37 in parent theme according to your previous instructions (please see attached), however it didn’t impact the image size on individual portfolio pages:

Is it the same fix for the pages above please?

Thanks

Chris

chris h

Hi, can I get an update on above messages, please?

Thanks

Chris

chris h

Good Morning, could I get any response please?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login