#115335 cannot redeclare class mk_static_files because the name is already in use

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme cannot redeclare class mk_static_files because the name is already in use

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

WP 5.7 updated, but had an issue with WP Bakery, updated to your latest version WP Bakery 6.5.
    Can edit WP Bakery posts, but not in pages.
    Even purchase Bakery 6.6 directly from WP Bakery, but no fix.

So updated theme to latest version…

Cannot redeclare class mk_static_files because the name is already in use.

Initially the theme was renamed, but changing it back does not fix the issue.

Even moved the old theme files into a new folder, but that did not fix the issue.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Terry

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

You need to activate and use the Modified version of WPB Page Builder https://take.ms/5M1sL at the moment you have the original version activated.

Also, the Modified versions current version is V6.5.0

Regards

Terry Ellis

Ah, ok, I have your 6.5 installed, so will give that a go 🙂

Amir Rather Support Team

Yes, let us know if anything 🙂

Terry Ellis

Hiya,

Have activated the theme version of WP Bakery 6.5 and tried activating, but still get:-

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot declare class Mk_Static_Files, because the name is already in use in <b>/home/***/public_html/wp-content/themes/Jupiter/framework/functions/dynamic-styles.php</b> on line <b>25
    </b>

Have swapped the theme files back into a different folder for now just to keep the site functional 🙂

Cheers,

Terry.

Amir Rather Support Team

This may be because the Theme isn’t up to date

I suggest you try updating with one of these two methods:

via WordPress dashboard
    or
    via an FTP client.

Both are described here: https://themes.artbees.net/docs/updating-theme-child-theme/

Please take full site backup before updating.

You can download the v6.8.1 zip here https://themes.artbees.net/dashboard/releases/

Looking forward to your response 🙂

Regards

Terry Ellis

Hi there,

I have already used the FTP upload method.
    I have downloaded 6.8.1 from your link and uploaded again.
    The issue only occurs when activated WP Bakery. Have deleted WP Bakery and reinstalled from the required plugins link.
    As soon as WP Bakery activated, we get the message once more.

The new Jupiter files are in folder /wp-content/themeOLD/ temporarily.

Please feel free to move the folders back into the /wp-content/theme and switch the current files into OLD and you’ll see what I mean.

Thanks,

Terry.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hello Again

Strangely I still see v6.0.1 active on the site and not the latest v6.8.1

See attached screenshot.

Regards

Terry Ellis

Yes, the old one if active, as the site goes down when the new one is active and I don’t know how long it will take for you to answer 🙂

As said previously…

The new Jupiter files are in folder /wp-content/themeOLD/ temporarily.

Please feel free to move the folders back into the /wp-content/theme and switch the current files into OLD and you’ll see what I mean.

Amir Rather Support Team

Ok got it, there was something wrong with the v6.8.1 package uploaded in the themeOLD folder, I removed it and uploaded a new one and the error vanished.

Please check now.

Also since you have changes in Child Theme you need to change a few paths and directories see https://themes.artbees.net/docs/overriding-shortcodes/

Regards

Terry Ellis

Hi guys,

That’s sorted it, thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Terry.

Amir Rather Support Team

You’re most welcome Terry 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login