#138415 Cannot update page due to 500 error

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Cannot update page due to 500 error

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi, I can edit my page with elementor but I get a 500 error every time I try to preview the update. The update seems to never actually take place.

Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Please increase the WP Memory Limit value to 256M by adding the following code in the wp-config.php file before the line “/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */” :

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

When it’s done check the update preview.

Let us know if our further assistance is needed.

Regards.

christopher lindsay

I’m not very technical in this area. Where would I find that?

christopher lindsay

So, I changed the file. It said /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ instead of what you said in your message. I added the line but the problem did not change. I was also able to double-check in my Cpanel that the memory limit had increased but the site is still not saving updated changes.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi there

I turned off a few plugins and was able to save the changes https://take.ms/1JBNg

Please go through each of them and keep only those active which you really need.

Regards

christopher lindsay

I see a lot of plugins were removed. In the future how can I tell which plugins are no longer needed after an update?

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi there

Only three plugins are required https://themes.artbees.net/docs/bundled-plugins/ in Jupiter X rest are optional.

Simply keep only those plugins active that are actually used on the website,
    In general, make sure to keep the number of activated plugins at a minimum.

Regards

christopher lindsay

I have a new problem now. The plugins you disabled were in use on the site. I enabled them to get the text in the content then I disabled the plugins again. I then enabled jet tricks because I want to create sticky columns. I also want to re-enable jet popup because my site used it as well. Are these two plugins replaced? Now I am getting this error when I attempt to preview my changes?

<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 626688 bytes) in <b>/home1/abject39/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php</b> on line <b>2022</b>

christopher lindsay

So I have deleted all the disabled plugins and reinstalled jet tricks but I am still getting the same error. Still not sure what the issue is now.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi Christopher,

Deleting and keeping a plugin inactive are the same things and won’t affect anything.

I suggest updating this limit to define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please try and let us know.

Private
    christopher lindsay
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Amir Rather Support Team

Hi Christopher

You may use a better solution provided here in this tutorial:

https://crocoblock.com/knowledge-base/articles/how-to-create-a-sticky-column-with-jettricks/

Regards

christopher lindsay

I’m confused. I watched this tutorial before I asked for help. I did it exactly how it is in this tutorial. Am I doing something wrong in my video attachment that doesn’t match this?

Hello,

The sticky column works within the section in which it’s added, so it can’t be sticky over the other sections placed below. To see the effect you need to add more content in the left column and enable Sticky Column option for the right column.

Regards.

christopher lindsay

Ok maybe I’m misunderstanding the intended purpose of the feature. On this website HERE if you scroll down to the price of this product the entire section and content sticks to the header. How can I achieve this effect?

Hello,

To achieve this effect I assigned the custom class sticky-row for the section

and then added the JS code in Jupiter X > Control Panel > Settings > Tracking Codes Before </body> Tag:

Please clear the cache and check the page.

Regards.

christopher lindsay

Thank you! That worked.

You are most welcome 🙂

Regards

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login