#129194 Can’t use cache plugins

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Can’t use cache plugins

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’d like to cache my site. I downloaded a plugin: Wp-Optimize. When I tried to turn on the cache capability, I got this note: “Could not turn on the WP_CACHE constant in wp-config.php. Check your permissions.”

I can’t seem to find that .php file.

Thank you for you help.

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

I’m sorry, I can’t say what exactly is meaning of that message is, you can find it in the documentation of the plugin or just ask the support.
    I can share these links about which plugin to use in Jupiter X for caching and how exactly:

https://wp-rocket.me/blog/how-fast-is-jupiter-x-theme/

Our recommended plugin for caching is Wp rocket for best performance, however other plugins can be also used,

contact-654b2d0d

Thank you, I will give this a try.

contact-654b2d0d

I actually cant find a free version of wp-rocket, but I tried installing a few other cache plugin options and they all give me the same error message.

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

Wp-rocket is paid plugin, it does not have a free version

Regarding your message, the plugin is trying to add “define(‘WP_CACHE’, true)” in the wp-config.php file but probably file permission is not allowing to do this, please check the permissions for wp-config.php file, check if the permissions set to 0644 So that WP-optimize can add the required constant to wp-config.php.

You can also add this value in the file, just open it and add

define('WP_CACHE', true)

If you cant do this for some reason let me know and I will do this

Best wishes

contact-654b2d0d

Sorry, Iʻm not familiar with where that file is…where do I find it to edit it?

Amir Rather Support Team

Please go to the root folder of your website, find the wp-config.php file, and open it via a text editor. Then you can edit it, and just before the line “/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */“, add the above line.

Let us know the results 🙂

contact-654b2d0d

Shucks, I did it and now my whole site is just white…..

All I added was

define(‘WP_CACHE’, true)

I think I was supposed to put a “;” at the end of that, but I didn’t. Now I cant get back and fix that.

Amir Rather Support Team

Yes, my colleague seems to have missed that, apologies.

Could you please provide the FTP details(in a private reply) I can fix it for you:

FTP Host:
    FTP Username:
    FTP Password:
    FTP Port:

Ask your Hosting provider if you don’t have them.

Waiting for your reply.

contact-654b2d0d

I resolved it, thank you for your help!

Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

We are glad to know you found a solution.

Thank you for informing.

Regards.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login