#100964 Cart/checkout is not responsive & Child theme does not function properly

Landing Forums The Ken WordPress Theme Cart/checkout is not responsive & Child theme does not function properly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

1. Cart/checkout issue
    The styling for the tables to be responsive seens to be missing? See screenshots.

2. Child them not functioning
    After update to the 431 theme, the child theme seems not to be working along with the core module. When I switch to the main theme see the additional functions like edge slider, theme options etc. But when I switch to the child theme, they are gone. Thankful that I always use a staging site to preform my changes on. Removed the child theme and placed yours into it (maybe it was something I did) but nope. Even with a clean child theme it does not function. Tried the template bugfix i found on your support forum and still nothing.

Rather not use the main theme, because All my changes will go poof into the night with the next update. Help?

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Ill,

Sorry for the delay.

1 – Regarding this, we need your website URL and if possible, WP admin credentials to see what is wrong. It shouldn’t happen by default and if that is happening, means that something is not working correctly and we need to investigate to find it. You may share the WordPress URL and admin credentials in the next PRIVATE reply.

2 – Regarding this issue, please apply this fix to resolve the issue:

Bests

Private
    ill graff design
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    ill graff design
    Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Sorry for a delay.

1. This is a common Woocommerce issue. Please try css code shown here:
      https://gist.github.com/catchthemes/eec48957fbd3ed724c98
      Add it in Theme Settings > Custom CSS and let us know the result.
    2. This issue with the child theme was reported to the developers and will be fixed in the next theme update. Did you try to edit ken-core plugin as was described in other topic? Please provide FTP credentials so I can check that workaround.

Thank you.

Regards.

Private
    ill graff design
    Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. No, we haven’t touched anything. The reason that you were not able to see the header and footer was that you didn’t apply the fix mentioned in this topic:

I applied it. Now you can use your Ken Child theme. Please note that I didn’t switch to your child theme because you had some CSS fixes in the Customizer -> Additional CSS which will not be effective if you simply activate your child theme. The customizer settings will be lost if you switch a theme so you would need to take a backup from them using the Customizer Import and the Export plugin and restore it on your child theme. Anyway, the issue with the Child theme is now resolved and you can switch to your child theme whenever you want. (by considering moving the customizer settings to it).

As for the other issue which was the cart and checkout page responsive issue, as I mentioned they should be working fine unless something is wrong. There is a CSS snippet in your Customizer -> Extra CSS field that is adding a min-width of 350px to the product name table in the cart pages. That is causing this responsive issue. You may either remove it or change it like this:

@media screen and (min-width: 768px) {
    .woocommerce-page table.shop_table td.product-name {
      min-width: 350px;
      text-align: left;
    }
    }

This will make it work only on desktop screens.

Hope it helps πŸ™‚

Best regards

ill graff design

Hey there,

i switched to the main theme saturday night, as the child theme was selected by you guys and the header and footer were gone, as well as all the other lay-out details. I could not leave it like that , but was not going to dive into it as I normally do not work in the weekend. πŸ˜‰

But apparantly it now works πŸ™‚

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

So is the problem resolved?

Do you need further assistance?

Regards.

ill graff design

Yes, all is good.
    Thank you! πŸ™‚

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Regards.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login