#78338 Changes to settings in Theme Options are not saving (hangs on “Save Settings”)

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Changes to settings in Theme Options are not saving (hangs on “Save Settings”)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

When making any change to a setting in the Theme Options panel (Jupiter > Theme Options) and pressing “Save Settings,” the process starts (and the pre-loader spins) but it continuously hangs and never actually completes the save. As of this post, the site is running the latest version of Jupiter (6.7.0) and WP (5.5). However, please note that this issue existed even before we updated from Jupiter 6.1.5 to 6.7.0 (we were hoping the update to 6.7.0 would resolve the issue).

In attempting to troubleshoot the issue, and based on what I’ve seen on the support forum, I already tried the following but none fixed this issue: (1) changing the PHP version (5.6, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3); (2) installing the plugin Test jQuery Updates and enabling jQuery Migrate; (3) clearing theme, browser and hosting cache; and (4) changing the folder permissions for mk_assets (705, 755).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Danish Iqbal Support Team

Hello Shoosrocket,

I checked your site and the issue seems to be happening because of some Ajax error.

To debug this further, please allow me to disable the plugins temporarily.

Also, please share the FTP details so that I can check out the error logs. Please ensure that the error logs are enabled on the server.

Regards.

Private
    Shoosrocket
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Amir Rather Support Team

You can send them here in a Private Reply, those can’t be seen by anyone other than you and the Artbees Support.

Regards

Private
    Shoosrocket

Hello Shoosrocket,

I debugged your site a lot but couldn’t find any solution.

Though I have 2 leads:

1 – I see that you have updated to WP 5.5 and I suspect it could be the problem because WP 5.5 has created a lot of problems with the themes and plugins. Could you please allow me to downgrade the WP to 5.4.2 ?

2 – I see that you are using managed WordPress by GoDaddy which comes some of its own settings like cache etc. Is it possible to disable the Managed WordPress settings?

Regards.

Private
    Shoosrocket

Hello Shoosrocket,

I tried every possible solution but nothing seems to be working.

I can see no error in the error logs, it seems like the error logs are disabled on the server. Could you please ask your service provider to enable the error logs on the server so that I can see the errors in the WordPress debug log?

Also, 1 last solution is to downgrade the WP to 5.5 but unfortunately, the managed WordPress is not allowing me to do so. Could you please ask your service provider to downgrade the WP to 5.4.2 ?

Moreover, is it possible that you can share your GoDaddy details with us so that we can check available the settings?

Regards.

Shoosrocket

I do not think the downgrade to WP 5.4.2 is the issue — and I do not know if it’s possible because this is a WP Managed Hosting account with GoDaddy (not customizable like performing admin via cPanel). Moreover, I have Jupiter 6.7.0 installed on another website running on WP 5.5 (and also hosted by GoDaddy) and the Theme Options panel works fine. I believe the issue is specific to this Jupiter install on this site.

Is there any other possible option to troubleshoot this issue?

Hello there,

I understand your point here but I don’t see any other problem with the site. This is a very strange issue.

I would still like to try to downgrade the WordPress if it’s okay?

Also, the WordPress debug logs are not visible which means the debug logs/error logs on the server are not enabled. Could you please ensure that the debug logs/error logs are enabled on the server?

Regards.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login