#134160 Compatibility with Ajax Search Lite?

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Compatibility with Ajax Search Lite?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

We’re trying to integrate Ajax Search Lite into our Jupiter theme website. Any tips or callouts? Activating and configuring ASL has not enabled it like we’re used to with other themes. Here’s the plugin page: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ajax-search-lite/

Thanks!

-Paul

Nodari Support Team

Hi Paul

Sorry, don’t have any information on how that plugin works with the theme, basically, any plugin that follows WordPress coding standards will work without any problem, have you already tried it? do you have any probelms?

Regards

Victory Creative

From the plugin page:
    “Use Ajax Search Lite as a replacement for the default WordPress search with a better looking, more efficient search engine.”

When enabled, the plugin does not take over the search experience. Can you provide some direction on decoupling Juptier from Search, so that the theme falls back to WordPress’ default search?

Thanks,

-Paul

Nodari Support Team

Hi Paul

Ok, let’s check the problem, could you please provide live example of the issue? please provide a link to the page and steps to replicate the problem, I will check it

Regards

Private
    Victory Creative
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    Nodari Support Team
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Victory Creative

Hi Nodari,

I did not provide CMS access, as it was not requested. I provided a username and password  to access any page of our Staging Server, which is not public-facing.

The issue is that Jupiter is taking over the search results page experience. How do we circumvent Jupiter from controlling the search results page and allow the default WordPress behavior? Is there a PHP template update we can add to our child theme or a filter we can add to functions.php to disable Jupiter’s influence on the search results page?

-Paul

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Victory,

Sorry for the delayed response. The login credentials for your staging website was wrong. I was testing this plugin on my local machine to provide with you a working solution. However, I realized that this plugin won’t affect the search result pages on other themes as well. The only thing I can recommend is to use the shortcode that it gives you to override the search widget (which is only the search box, and not the search results page.

More than that, I tried to write a template for you to override the search page results, but the only thing I realized was that this plugin has been developed to give you an “AJAX Search” and not the regular search. Even with my custom search template (which is not a good workaround) this plugin acts like a search widget and the results are not showing up appropriately.

If you want to use the search widget on your child theme files, you need to use this code:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[wpdreams_ajaxsearchlite]'); ?>

Also if you want to use the search widget here and there on your pages or as a footer widget, you can use this shortcode:

[wpdreams_ajaxsearchlite]

You may have noticed that it has an option to override the search results page on the plugin settings. I tried it on multiple themes such as Twenty Twenty One theme but it was not working. It only changes the search widget.

If you wish to add the search widget to your search results page, I recommend you to override jupiter/views/templates/wp-search.php file on your child theme (jupiter-child/views/templates/wp-search.php) and add the below shortcode to top of the file:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[wpdreams_ajaxsearchlite]'); ?>

This file is the search template for the search results page and you can override it like this.

Hope it helps ūüôā

Bests

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login