#131346 CSS and setttings deleted

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme CSS and setttings deleted

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi.

Bit of a crisis on my website omhelse.no which is a good earner for us with approx 9.000 views per day. For no appearent reason all css was deleted, all settings was restored to default and all widgets/footer etc removed. I used the history button to restore the css and theme settings. Still the widgets are totally messed up. I have lots of sidebars/widgets created specifially for differens pages on the site. For example this site /and hundred more) I had a custom made sidebar:

https://omhelse.no/menneskekroppen/immunforsvaret/det-uspesifikke-immunforsvaret/det-ytre-uspesifikke-immunforsvaret/

Please I need help to restore this the way it was before something happened earlier today which I dont understand. Please if you can help me out here.  What have happened? thanks.

Robert Helle

For your information: The settings for the mailchimp plugin newsletter was also deleted. Very strange. Have no idea how this can happen.

Nodari Support Team

Hi Robert

I’m so sorry to hear that but unfortunately, there is no such setting or option in the theme to restore those data, WordPress themes are not responsible for data recovery and settings restore, for this purpose you need to use third-party backup plugins or backup services from the hosting, check if possible to restore your website from your hosting, that’s the only solution for now.

Regards

Robert Helle

But here the settings inside Jupiter theme are set back to standard settings (blog layout, fonts, page titles, colours, logo etc etc). Thats why I think i t may be theme related and as a long time premium member I hope you can help me investigate what has happened.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Robert,

My apologies, but the username and password you provided are not working.

Anyway, the only thing that I can think of is that you switched from a child theme to the parent theme or the opposite. Is such action happened by you or any of your developers recently? Switching the themes will reset the theme settings (actually they are not getting reset, they will have a new set of settings for the new theme). If you switch back to the previous theme, all settings will be restored back correctly.

I can only think of this scenario at the moment since my observation is limited because of wrong crdentials.

Bests

Private
    Robert Helle
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

What is this Password for? I can see the page it is open, but could you please provide the administrative WordPress access?

Regards

Private
    Robert Helle
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Robert,

I installed a PHPMYadmin plugin to check the database and realized that even in the database, there is no record left of the widgets. Apparently, something went wrong during a process and it causes this issue.

Please check this since it’s a similar issue:

https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/251927/widgets-missing-after-update

Unfortunately, I don’t think the data is stored in the database. I checked everything I could but couldn’t find any record of the previous widgets. If you have a backup of the database, please restore it somewhere else and use it to check if you can see any widget like “Immunforsvaret” in your database by searching this query:

SELECT * FROM 'wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE '%sidebar%';

If you could have any widget record like that (or similar), it means you can restore them at the database level.

Hope it helps 🙂

Robert Helle

Awesome Mohsen. Will look into it. Thanks a million.

Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

You are welcome.

Feel free to contact us if our help is needed.

Regards.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login