#134411 Display Search Result from Specific List of Pages

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Display Search Result from Specific List of Pages

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi there, I read your HOW TO article about “Displaying Search Results from specific Post Types”, but it doesn’t quite let me achieve the outcome I want. Let’s say I have a sub-list of pages that I want to group together (let’s say I call them “myown” pages). I want the native Jupiter search behavior to only search within that sub-list “myown” of pages. In your howto you only seem to have Post, Page, Portfolio or Products to check or uncheck. But I want the search to be within a specific sublist of Pages.

Please let me know how I can accomplish that.

Thanks!

Nodari Support Team

Hi Moustafa

Im so sorry to say but the default search do not have such feature, it’s not possible to accomplish such a functionality, I recommend to try Jet Search plugin instead:
    https://crocoblock.com/plugins/jetsearch/

please review plugin documentation if it’s capable to fully support your requirements

Regards

Moustafa Elshaabiny

Hi Nodari,

thanks for your quick reply. Ok I have another idea to make this work, but need your help with a related question. Let’s say I have a nice page design that I would like to use as the base template for a new portfolio item. How can I do that?  When I add a new portfolio item, the only templates I see are the “Default” and “Full Width” how can I make my page a template that I can use for new portfolio items?

My thought is that I can dedicate the portfolio section for that sub-list of pages “mypages” and only search through Portfolio under appearance > Search page. But I need to use my page template for those portfolio items, I don’t want to recreate the design from scratch.

thanks!

Nodari Support Team

That’s possible, let me answer your questions,

1. Custom portfolio page – It’s possible to create a custom template for Portfolio pages, in this case, you need to go in Appearance > Customize > Portfolio and then choose “Add New” to add a new template, Elementor editor will appear where you will be able to design custom template for your portfolios, please note, you need to design it by Dynamic elements of Elementor,

p.s. if this is what you want and don’t know how to start I can create and setup an example for you

2. Yes, that’s possible if you dedicate Portfolio post types for your search. If your concern is to duplicate premade portfolio pages you may use the DUplicator plugin to do this

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Moustafa Elshaabiny

Ok great. I went to add new as you described in step 1) but I have this page below (attachment below), I want to use that exact page design. Is there a way I can use that page as a “template” for this new portfolio page? I don’t want to have to recreate it from scratch.

Moustafa Elshaabiny

The page design I want to use for this portfolio template is basically this from the logistics template: https://jupiterx.artbees.net/logistic/services/services-details/

Nodari Support Team

1. ” Is there a way I can use that page as a “template”” – Sorry but no, there is no way to use that page as a template, but you can use the Duplicator plugin to make a copy of your existing page and use it for new portfolio items

2. No problem, any page can be turned into template, but it needs a work,

Please consider, creating a template requires extra work and then maintenance as well, if you are happy with the current design I recommend to simply using the Duplicator plugin of the pages and posts, dimply duplicate your existing portfolio for new portfolio items

Regards

Moustafa Elshaabiny

The page I am referring to is just a normal page not a portofolio page. How do I get that design into the portfolio pages to begin with. Once I have that page in the portfolio I will use the duplicate plugin. But I need to “get this page into the portfolio” first without having to recreate the design manually

Nodari Support Team

” But I need to “get this page into the portfolio” first without having to recreate the design manually” – Yes, that’s possible, simply save the content of the page as a template in the element editor, then open the blank portfolio page in the Elementor editor and load saved template, here is details:
    https://elementor.com/help/save-page-as-template/

Thanks

Moustafa Elshaabiny

Hi Nodari,

I now have the page I want under posts, but I am seeing strange behavior. When I am editing the post via Elementor the page design looks correct but when I save and update and go to preview the page it forces a post header section and pushes my actual image and title down (that forced header image and title don’t show when I am editing in Elementor).

How can I stop the post from inserting a header and force it to use mine as it looks while I am editing in Elementor?

Thanks again for all your help!

Nodari Support Team

Hi there

Ok, may I take a look from the backend? please provide access to the backend in a PRIVATE reply and I will check why it’s like that

Regards

Private
    Moustafa Elshaabiny
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    Moustafa Elshaabiny
    Private
    Nodari Support Team
    Private
    Moustafa Elshaabiny
    Nodari Support Team

Hi Moustafa

Thanks, now it works 🙂

Ok, please check again, now you have tge same design in the editor and on the frontend as well,

Please note, I just set the Single blog template to default in the Appearance > Customize > Blog > Single.

Your single blog template: https://alektrading.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1093&action=elementor is not properly designed, you are using static elements and not dynamic, you will have always same data on the blog post, try to use dynamic elements. If a custom single blog post template is your concern let me know and I will create an example for you

Thanks

Moustafa Elshaabiny

Hi Nodari, thanks a lot for your help with this. I do want to be able to use dynamic fields, but on that exact page look visual elements. Essentially, my goal is to be able to create new posts (its more like a custom posts at this point, that uses that exact look, but instead of “Metamin” would be “enter new name here” and stage tab labels and tab descriptions would also be dynamic as I enter them in the post edit page. The video and body image and FAQs, I want to be the same way.  Is that something you can create an example for?

thanks again!

Nodari Support Team

Hi Moustafa

Sorry for the delay caused by the weekend

I can surely create a post template by the dynamic elements but honestly do not clearly understand other parts of the question, can you please differently rephrase it? I just want to know what you want to achieve, what you want to have

Best

Moustafa Elshaabiny

Hi Nodari,

I hope you had a restful weekend. Thanks for offering to help. Let me try to rephrase:

I like the page design and want to use it as a template for future posts. However, as you pointed out the text in that post page is static. I would like to make it dynamic such that when I come to create a new post, it will use the same visual template, but I render with the dynamic text I entered when I create that new page. For example, a Blog post usually has a title, featured image, author name, published date, blog text. In my case, however, I want to have a “Supplier” post that would have a supplier name, supplier bio, featured image, services labels, services content, and a secondary image. I want it so that when I go to create a post I can enter those pieces of information and when I publish the post it looks exactly the same just with the new supplier info.

I am attaching some pictures to further elaborate.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hello Moustafa

From what I understand you wish to create a Custom Post Type which can then work just like posts with the content being shown by a single template right?

So to create a Supplier you can follow these steps and add your Supplier Bio, Labels, and Services as Meta Fields

Then to create the Single Template for the Supplier Post Type follow http://help.artbees.net/maintenance/post-types-in-jupiter-x

Let us know if you need assistance 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login