#79696 Errors with WPBackery plugin while updating PHP version

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Errors with WPBackery plugin while updating PHP version

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I have different errors while updating my website.

1. Updating the PHP version to 7.2 and latest versions the plugin WPBackery doesn’t show anymore many items in the page builder on the backend. Trying to fix this i have purchased the plugin WPBackery (now updated to the version 6.3.0) directly from the WPBackery website. This didnt fix the errors, some items they are working again, but others, like the “Page Section” element, are still not working in the backend. Contacting the support of the plugin they have told me that those elements (like “Page Section”) are not their standard elements but added by the theme author to enhance the theme functionality or coming from a third party add-on. So I’m asking how can i fix this, if I need to download the modified version of the plugin from you, or if there is some edit in the plugin that can solve the incompatibility with PHP 7.2 and latest versions.
    2. Updating the plugin Yoast SEO to the version 14.9 the bradcrumbs stopped to work. I have found that the button disapperaed which allowed to activate the breadcrumb. Switching the theme with a standard wordpress one (like Twenty Twenty),the button appears again and i can activate the bradcrumb option, then switching to Jupiter, breadcumbs work again. But when i swich back to Jupiter the sitemap options of Yoast are all activating (that I dont want) and if I change some option on the sitemap settings the bradcrumbs stop to work. So if i swich the theme to reactivate the breadcrumbs, the breadcrumbs work but sitemap settings changes. When I change sitemap setting breadcrumbs will stop to work again etc. Is the Jupiter theme not anymore compatible with Yoast SEO? How to fix this?
    3. The post categories thumbnail shows the following errors:

<b>Warning</b>: Illegal string offset ‘url’ in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>703</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>703</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Illegal string offset ‘id’ in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>705</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>705</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Illegal string offset ‘url’ in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>706</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Illegal string offset ‘url’ in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>706</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>706</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Illegal string offset ‘url’ in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>715</b>
    <span class=”simplePanelImagePreview”>
    </span>
    <b>Warning</b>: Illegal string offset ‘id’ in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>716</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Illegal string offset ‘url’ in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/includes/Tax-meta-class/Tax-meta-class.php</b> on line <b>717</b>

Alessandro

Still waiting for your answere here.

Amir Rather Support Team

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Please kindly provide WP Login and (in a private reply) FTP Login details so we could investigate the issue and try to resolve it.

Waiting for your reply 🙂

Thank you in anticipation.

Private
    Alessandro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    Alessandro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Your theme version is not compatible with the latest WordPress version to which you updated.

At first deactivate WPBakery plugin and update Jupiter:
    https://themes.artbees.net/docs/updating-theme-child-theme/ (read the part “Updating theme via FTP”)

How to get Jupiter 6 archive, read here:

​Then install Jupiter Donut and Jupiter Core plugins via Jupiter > Control Panel > Required Plugins.
    Then activate WPBakery plugin and update it via Jupiter > Control Panel > Required Plugins.

Let us know the result.
    Thank you.

Alessandro

Hi there,

so the updating theme tool from the jupiter control panel doesn’t work, it says me that i have altready the latest version of the theme.

I’m gonna try to update it via FTP.

Which version I have to download? If i go to the page https://themeforest.net/downloads I can see aviable just Jupiter X, is it this theme that I have to download?

Alessandro

I did download the Jupiter X package. Extract Jupiter V6.7. Copied by FTP overriding the old jupiter version.

Now I have this error, both in frontend and backend:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mk_get_image_sizes() in /home/sailing1/public_html/es.sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/components/shortcodes/mk_blog/vc_map.php:102 Stack trace: #0 /home/sailing1/public_html/es.sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/plugin-integrations/visual-composer/init.php(141): include_once() #1 /home/sailing1/public_html/es.sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): mk_visual_composer_mapper(”) #2 /home/sailing1/public_html/es.sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #3 /home/sailing1/public_html/es.sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/sailing1/public_html/es.sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/plugins/js_composer_theme/include/classes/core/class-vc-mapper.php(51): do_action(‘vc_mapper_init_…’) #5 /home/sailing1/public_html/es.sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/plugins/js_composer_theme/include/classes/core/class-vc-ma in <b>/home/sailing1/public_html/es.sailingmediterraneo.com/wp-content/themes/jupiter/components/shortcodes/mk_blog/vc_map.php</b> on line <b>102</b>

Alessandro

I’m working on the domine es.sailingmediterraneo.com

Same access I sent you before for sailingmediterraneo.com

Hello,

I see old Jupiter on both sites. Have you restored the backup?

Did you deactivate WPBakery plugin before updating the theme?

Note you must deactivate WPBakery at first, then update the theme.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Alessandro

Hi, yes I did again deactivating WPBackery and it worked.

I still have issue updating Yoast SEO plugin.

The breadcrumbs activation button desappear and breadcrumbs stop to work in the fronted.

Switching the theme with a standard wordpress one (like Twenty Twenty), the button appears again and i can activate the bradcrumb option, then switching to Jupiter, breadcumbs works. But when i swich back to Jupiter the sitemap options of Yoast are all activating (that I dont want) and if I change some option on the sitemap settings the bradcrumbs stops to work again.

Alessandro

I did fix removing this line from theme funcion.php

add_theme_support( ‘yoast-seo-breadcrumbs’ );

I will now update jupiter in the other versions of the website and let you know if I find out some new issues.

Thanks for now.

Amir Rather Support Team

Sure, thank you for informing us 🙂

Alessandro

Hi there,

I have still an issue with Yoast Breadcrumbs.

As I have wrote before the toggle in Yoast->Search Apparence->Breadcrums is not anymore visible.

I have comment the line add_theme_support( ‘yoast-seo-breadcrumbs’ ); in the Jupiter theme funcion.php and, without this line, the toggle appear again. If I activate the breadcrumbs I have an empty page where I have added the shortcode [wpseo_breadcrumb]

You can see a page with the Yoast Breadcrumb shortcode here –> https://www.es.sailingmediterraneo.com/vacaciones-en-velero-con-patron/cerdena/archipielago-de-maddalena/

Now I left the line add_theme_support( ‘yoast-seo-breadcrumbs’ ); inactive with comment in the funcion.php file so you can see that if you activate the Breadcrumbs from Yoast the page will no longer work.

I have tried to cancel and reinstall the Yoast plugin but nothing changed.

Please help me to solve this.

The domain to check is es.sailingmediterraneo.com.

Thanks

Alessandro

Alternatively you can tell me how to add the Jupiter theme breadcrumbs in a shortcode in order to insert it in pages where the page title sections are hidden.

Thanks

Alessandro

Any help for this?

I have opened a new ticket also about this bug:

#80648 https://themes.artbees.net/forums/topic/incompatibility-jupiter-v6-with-yoast-breadcrumbs/

Hello,

Sorry for a delay.

I commented out the code as you said and enable the breadcrumbs in the SEO settings. The page is working fine and the breadcrumbs are shown https://take.ms/SxlfU . Can you show a screenshot from your side what you see when the SEO breadcrumbs are activated?

Thank you.

Regards.

Alessandro

Hi and thanks for your answer.

I did check and yes that page now work but some others no.

This page is exactly same structure of the previous one i sent you and now this one doesnt work, showing just a blank page: https://www.es.sailingmediterraneo.com/vacaciones-en-velero-con-patron/toscana-y-corcega/semana-en-la-isla-de-elba/

I attach you the screenshot of the blank page and its source code. The code is interrupted before the end of the <head> of the page.

You’ll see that if you deactivate Yoast breadcrumbs now this page will work again.

I don’t undestand why some pages works and some not even if they are exactly same (change just the texts and pictures). When I wrote you before the page I sent you was behaving like the one I’m sanding you now, but now that page works and others are not.

Thanks for your support.

Hello,

I just re-saved the page and the content is shown now https://take.ms/kYT11 .

Clear your browser cache and check.

Thank you.

Regards.

Alessandro

Alright, I just hope the comment of the line add_theme_support( ‘yoast-seo-breadcrumbs’ ); doesnt create some different issue on the plugin, or if creating/editing pages this blank pages will come out again.

Still I would prefer to be able to insert the Jupiter breadcrumbs in a shortcode in order to disable the Yoast breadcrumbs and use just the Jupiter breadcrumbs in the whole website.

If any better solution will be found let me know please.

Thanks for now.

Hello,

The Jupiter breadcrumbs can be enabled in Theme Options only, they can’t be added in the page directly unfortunately.

So for now please comment the code until a new theme version is released.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login