#47053 Excerpt not displaying in order of date

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Excerpt not displaying in order of date

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi, I noticed an issue that will need your help with. I think it is due to the way the theme is built, the blog archive pages are not displaying in order of date from left to right.

Here’s an example:

http://www.joeecoalliance.com/category/news/keywords/

Look from the 2nd row onwards, it seems that the blog posts are displayed by “height” instead of being left to right.

Can you guide me how to correct this? Perhaps can we limit the height of all the excerpts so that they are displayed properly from left to right instead?

Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

We can set the fixed height value for the excerpt column.

If you agree, try adding this code in Theme Options > Advanced > Custom CSS:

@media (min-width:1024px){.mk-blog-newspaper-item .mk-blog-meta {
    height: 480px;
    }}

Change value to yours.

If you still have issues, please provide WP Dashboard credentials in the private reply.

Thank you.

Regards.

Private
    Marrilyn S.H. Tong
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Marrilyn,

I recommend you to reduce the excerpt length since some of them are having a long excerpt and some have only a little. The masonry grid style will fill the gaps automatically and unless you set an equal height to all of your items, the order will not be as expected. If you set the excerpt length to a smaller value, the issue will be resolved here.

Best Regards

Marrilyn S.H. Tong

Ok, so where do I do this? “Reduce the excerpt length”.

Because I believe its automated?

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

To achieve this, you need to override the jupiter/views/templates/wp-archive.php in your child theme. Just put the file above in jupiter-child/views/templates/wp-archive.php and edit the line:

excerpt_length = "100"

to the proper value.

Thank you.

Regards.

Here is the file that you need to put into your jupiter-child/views/teamplates/

Remember to extract it. there is a file named as wp-archive.php and it should be placed in above directory.

Private
    Marrilyn S.H. Tong
    This reply has been marked as private.

Glad to hear that 🙂

We would greatly appreciate it if you could please share your experience in using our product and the Support you’ve received. You can quickly do so by going to the “Downloads” tab in Themeforest. Thank you on behalf of the whole Artbees Team!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login