#49658 Fatal Error — please HELP!!
Cristina 1 year, 10 months ago
Please help!! I cannot get the latest theme, to load properly so my site is in Recovery Mode. Sometimes it will for a minute, and then I see Jupiter disappear from the menu on the left hand side. When I go to the Themes section, I find that the theme is broken and “failed to load properly and was paused within the admin backend.” When I resume it, I get that that the theme could not be resumed because it trigged a fatal error. I have deleted all the old Jupiter themes.
I have tried manually installing the latest WPBakery Page Builder and Donut, both before and after installing this new theme but to no avail. Please help. I’m desperate. : (Cristina 1 year, 10 months ago
I feel like WPBakery is the culprit.
I’ll include a screenshot diary of what’s happening for your quick reference and correlating notes below:
Cristina 1 year, 10 months ago
- I (somehow) successfully installed the theme.
- I’ve got Jupiter Control Panel showing
- I go into the required plugins and find that I have the latest version of Donut, but WPBakery needs to be activated.
- I go to activate WPBakery and get prompted with “Something went wrong!” 500 error code
- I go to manually upload WPBakery v 6.0.5 from and my site goes into Maintenance Mode, attributing the issue to “Activate WPBakery Page Builder” plugin
- I go to activate the plugin, and then I’m back to “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”
- When I get in with Recovery Mode, I see that there are issues with the theme again. Jupiter has disappeared from the lefthand side but I have WPBakery Page Builder v 6.0.5 activated on the site.
ISSUE CLARITY: The theme is updated to version 6.4.1 however as soon as WPBakery Page Builder (Modified Version) 6.0.5 is activated, the site crashes.
When I enter in Recovery Mode, I see that the theme is Broken at the bottom of the Themes page. (see 7.jpg above). The error message presents:
ERROR: This theme fails to load properly and was paused within the admin backend.”
When I try to “Resume” the broken theme, I get a second error message:
“Theme could not be resumed because it triggered a fatal error.” (attached)
If I deactivate WPBakery and return to this page, I can successfully “resume” the broken theme, and I get Jupiter 6.4.1 running. I regain access to Jupiter Control Panel, except I am without WPBakery and can’t get the site working without it. If I activate, I crash the site. PLEASE help!!
Thank you kindly!Cristina 1 year, 10 months ago
It looks like you might have responded privately to me in another thread, but I couldn’t see the response, maybe because it wasn’t my original thread?PrivateNodari Support Team 1 year, 10 months agoThis reply has been marked as private.Cristina 1 year, 10 months ago
With the help of one amazing soul at Go Daddy, we were able to tinker with the files in the back end and use this one work-around below to get it working. I have now successfully updated to Version 6.4.1 (yayyyy!!!) and have the latest version of WPBakery Page Builder Modified thanks to Hugo_Olivares‘s post back in November 2019 on the old support forum. I will paste it down below in case this helps someone else with the same issue.
It would be really nice if you guys could still troubleshoot the theme error / incompatibility with WPBakery so that when people activate WPBakery, it doesn’t crash their site. It would also be really nice to be able to update to the newer theme versions from within the Jupiter Control Panel. I could never get it to work there.
Hi everyone. I had the same issue and I was able to fix it. I’ll try to give the steps I used to do this.
- Change the name of the folder of the old visual composer plugin (wp/plugins/js_composer_theme)
- Update the plugins that are in the the latest jupiter package (artbees-captcha, jupiter-donut, layerslider, masterslider)
- Clear your cache or open an Incognito or Private window in your browser
- Access WordPress in Recovery Mode
- Activate Visual Composer Donut plugin
- Upload the updated version of visual composer (js-composer-theme)
- Activate the latest version of Visual Composer
That worked for me.
Hope it works if someone else runs into this again.Alexander Hutsol Support Team 1 year, 10 months ago
We are glad to know you solved the issue.
Thank you for informing.