#79280 Form not submitting

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Form not submitting

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

The form on my Donate Food page won’t submit even though it has the same settings as my other forms on the site that work. I see a 500 error in the console. Can you please help me fix this?

Lynne Sneed

The form on my volunteer page is no longer working (https://www.onyxxvillageconnection.org/volunteer/) either. Is it because I updated one of the plugins?

Lynne Sneed

I’ve realized if I edit the form/page at all and then update the page, the form no longer works for some reason. However, even reverting back to the original page, the form  won’t work anymore. Not sure if this is helpful.

Lynne Sneed

Can you help me revert back to the previous version of Raven and Elementor to see if that fixes the issue?

Danish Iqbal Support Team

Hello Lynne,

I checked the site and yes, I can see the issue.

I tried downgrading the Elementor but that didn’t solve the issue.

To debug the issue further, could you please allow me to disable the plugins/theme temporarily?

Also, please allow me to downgrade the WordPress?

Regards.

Lynne Sneed

This is fine as long as the website can be restored back to its normal state afterwards.

I think the issue has to do with the Raven plugin – I contacted my web host, and they said they saw a conflict with Raven. Can we try downgrading to the previous version of Raven?

Hello Lynne,

I deleted the Raven plugin and then re-installed it.

I also set the FROM email of every form to domain related email “no-reply@onyxxvillageconnection.org”. Please always set the FROM email to domain related email even if the email does not exist, otherwise, your emails will get blacklisted and thus blocked.

The forms are working fine now. Please check the forms and let me know.

Regards.

Lynne Sneed

I still get a 500 error on the donate food form. I’m still running into the issue where if I update the form, it doesn’t let the user submit it (I tried to add an additional email recipient). Can we please downgrade the raven plugin? I didn’t have this issue until I updated Raven.

The volunteer form and contact form work as I did not update the page.

Lynne Sneed

In addition to trying downgrading the plugin of Raven mentioned in my comment above, I also need to update the from name of the contact form (https://www.onyxxvillageconnection.org/contact/) from “OVC Contact Form” to “Onyxx Village Connection”. However, I don’t want to do it because I don’t want the update to result in a 500 error. Can you please make this udpate?

Grzegorz Kocyłowski

Hello,

I have the same problem with the form 🙁

the server logs show that there is a problem with the Raven plugin..

[Wed Sep 02 14:36:12.878662 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 21615] [client 149.156.105.94:51191] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Raven\\Modules\\Forms\\Fields\\’ not found in /home/eaiibgrp/kair/public_html/wp-content/plugins/raven/includes/modules/forms/classes/ajax-handler.php:217\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/eaiibgrp/kair/public_html/wp-content/plugins/raven/includes/modules/forms/classes/ajax-handler.php(114): Raven\\Modules\\Forms\\Classes\\Ajax_Handler->validate_fields()\n#1 /home/eaiibgrp/kair/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Raven\\Modules\\Forms\\Classes\\Ajax_Handler->handle_frontend(”)\n#2 /home/eaiibgrp/kair/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array)\n#3 /home/eaiibgrp/kair/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)\n#4 /home/eaiibgrp/kair/public_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(191): do_action(‘wp_ajax_nopriv_…’)\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /home/eaiibgrp/kair/public_html/wp-content/plugins/raven/includes/modules/forms/classes/ajax-handler.php on line 217′, referer: https://kair.agh.edu.pl/kontakt/

Nothing solved the problem of downgrading or reinstalling the Raven plugin..

Hello Lynne,

Downgrading the Raven plugin will not help this issue as the issue is happening because of the Elementor version 3.

I fixed the issue by following this solution https://themes.artbees.net/forums/topic/form-problem-with-sending-emails/#post-79930

I also changed the From Name of your form. In fact you can also update your forms and the forms will work fine now.

For now, please do not upgrade the Elementor to version 3 as it’s too buggy right now and not compatible with the themes and the plugins.

Regards.

Lynne Sneed

I tried to update the donate food form, and it’s returning with a 500 error again and not submitting. I have all the changes in this time around. Can you please fix it 1 more time?  I won’t make any further changes.

Lynne

Lynne Sneed

I realized I had auto updates on for plugins, so Elementor is back on 3.0.5. Can you please downgrade it back down to the stable version? Sorry about this.

Lynne Sneed

Nooo now the volunteer form is also broken because I updated the page. Here’s a summary of what needs to happen:

Lynne Sneed

Nevermind! I was able to follow the instructions to downgrade to 2.9.14 and used your instructions about adding the random form. The forms are working again! Will you all be posting a notification about when it’s ok to upgrade to Elementor 3.0?

Hello Lynee

Glad you figured it out 🙂

Yes, we will surely be posting some notification once it is fit to update to Elementor v3.

Regards.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login