#126908 Form submission tracking with GTM

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Form submission tracking with GTM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Historically I’ve used Contact Form 7 on my Jupiter X sites, and connected successful form submissions to a tag as referenced here.

I’m using the Jupiter X elementor form component on a new site I’m developing.  Do you have any instructions on how to trigger successful form submission tagging using this form?

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

This is tutorial will be helpful for any form, and Elementor form as well:

https://www.analyticsmania.com/google-tag-manager-form-tracking-auto-event-listener/

To find the form id, you need to inspect the form in your browser via Developer Tools:

Thank you.

Regards.

Pete Ward

Thanks for this.  I’ve set everything up as in the article, but the default form auto event listener doesn’t work. The debugger shows a page_view, but no ‘Form Submit’ event.

I therefore followed the instructions in try other methods as follows:

“Hit the submit button. Did a Form Submit event appear in the Preview and Debug console? If not, then GTM’s Form auto-event listener will not work with this form and you should try other methods here.”

I’m not sure which method I should use for tracking as a successful submission from the ‘Which Form Tracking Method Should You Choose?’ flow chart?

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Did you try to use the method 4 “Track Form Submissions with Element Visibility Trigger”?

Can you show screenshots of your settings and provide WP Dashboard credentials in the private reply?

Also show the page where you added the form.

Thank you.

Regards.

Pete Ward

Thanks @tatyana, I got it working with #3 AJAX in the end.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing getting the default mechanism working if I could do that.  I’ll work with the AJAX solution.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

I see, thanks for informing us. You didn’t miss any standard mechanism for sure 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login