#76163 frontend.min.js has bug

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme frontend.min.js has bug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

<h1>frontend.min.js has bug that is incorrectly & over aggressively collapsing menus</h1>
    If you go to https://hscorp.dev/services/energy/ump/ (Password below) you will notice that the right sidebar has a “Programs and Services” menu. This menu is unfortunately being collapsed by JupiterX code, specifically: /assets/dist/js/frontend.min.js file, here :

e=t(".jupiterx-widget").find(".current_page_item, .current-cat"); 
    e.length&&e/parents(".sub-menu,.children").slideToggle().parents(".menu-item-has-children,.cat-parent")

I believe the selector needs to be more specific so it doesn’t incorrectly collapse other widgets menus. Can this be fixed by your team? Or is there a way to force WordPress to load my version of this asset in a child theme? I’ve tried a number of things, but can’t seem to get it to override the parent assets.

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

Mark, please take my apologies on the delay

Right now I see menus on the mentioned page are not collapsed, this is what I have: https://prnt.sc/u0tard

looks like you found a workaround?

regarding your problem, yes, I agree with you, code added into our theme should not affect third-party widgets and codes, if this is the case I will redirect this problem to our developer’s team

With best regards

Mark Jenkinson

Hi Nodari,

Unfortunately the menu is incorrectly collapsed. There are a subpages in the Energy Services section that are not showing and when you load the page if you watch the menu closely you may see the section collapsing incorrectly. If you inspect the HTML you will see the parts that should be visible.  Let me know if you need anything else to help you pass on the problem to your Development team.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Mark,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed response. This bug is now having a task in our backlog and soon our developers will decide how to fix this. However, as an alternative, I guess it would be possible to fix it via this CSS:

.widget_better-section-nav ul {
        display: block !important;
    }

Hope it helps for now.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login