#130352 Global (Single Post or Page) Template in Jupiter X

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Global (Single Post or Page) Template in Jupiter X

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

is there a way in Jupiter X to create a “Global (Single post or Page) Template” that will be used in tens of CPT posts and enable me if I ever wanted to make a change or add an element to that template, I would do that once instead of having to update tens of posts?

Many thanks,

C.

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

Yes, it’s possible to create a custom template for posts or any other custom post types, once you create and assign it once it will be applied on any amount of those single or archive posts.
    Please note, this is not possible for pages, however, if you are using the Pro version of Element you will be able to do it as well

Let me know if you still have any questions

Regards

Constantinos Andronis

Hi Nodari;

thanks for your reply. Yes, I obviously know that you can assign a template globally. What I am asking is if I make a change on this template (i.e. add info or an element) will this be visible and applied sitewide (just like in Divi and Avada for example) without having to edit every single post?

Many thanks,

C.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Constantinos,

Of course yes. However, please note that there are two types of templates when you use Elementor:

1 – Block templates (which will be imported to the pages and once you edit them, the other pages that you used them will not change)

2 – Elementor Templates that will change on every page if you change the source of the template.

I recommend you to check this doc for more info:

Bests

Constantinos Andronis

Thanks, Mohsin

so, it’s doable and I don’t need Elementor Pro to achieve that?

I will make a test and see if I make it work and come back for any questions I may have.

Many thanks,

C.

No, you don’t need Elementor Pro at all. Elementor Pro also can do that, but Jupiter X adds these features to Elementor free version to make it work without Elementor Pro.

Bests

Constantinos Andronis

Thanks, Mohsin!

Appreciate it. Will get back to the thread if I run into any difficulties.

Best wishes,

C.

Sure thing, no worries.

Bests 🙂

Constantinos Andronis

Hi Mohsin; yes it did work. Thank you. I must have done something wrong with the dynamic fields. However, there is still one question related to this thread.

I am building a festival site that is structured per yer (2012, 2013, … 2021). Each year has its own events, sponsors, etc.

I have created a CPT for the running year with its own templates and listings, which works fine. I have also built a CPT called “Festival Archive” that contains all the events from 2012 until 2020. This CPT has its own single post template, listing and archive page and a taxonomy called “year” in which I created a list of the years the festival is running (2012-2020)

My questions are these:

1. Do I need to make a single post template for each year (because the listing grid gets information only from templates and not from taxonomies, right)
    2. How do I setup my breadcrumbs to show Home>Festival Archive>2012>Title post
    3. How do I make the listing grid responsive (see screenshot from iPhone and iPad)

Thank you very much.

Constantinos.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

1) You need to create one single template for the listing post type https://themes.artbees.net/docs/dynamic-elements-and-post-type-templates/#creating_a_single_post_type_template

2) You can use the Breadcrumb widget https://themes.artbees.net/docs/breadcrumb-element/ within the Template.

3) Please provide the template link we will take a look and advise.

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login