#78759 Help me edit pullquote styling?

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Help me edit pullquote styling?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi. Me again. 😛 Thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate it.

I’d like to change the look of our pullquotes and have used Chrome’s inspection tool to locate what appear to be the appropriate selectors and declarations to achieve the look I’m after. In other words, I’ve found and changed the CSS to get the look I want in the browser, but when I enter these details into the Custom CSS field in the WP Customizer, they don’t appear to take.

This is WP 101 stuff I should know, but I’ve looked at it too much and confused myself.

/* PULLQUOTE TYPOGRAPHY */
    .wp-block-pullquote p {
    font-size: 20px;
    line-height: 1.4em;
    }

/* PULLQUOTE STYLING */
    .wp-block-pullquote {
    border-top: 4px solid #ff9f17;
    border-bottom: 4px
    solid #ff9f17;
    margin-bottom: 28px;
    color: #40464d;
    }

.wp-block-pullquote {
    padding: 1.5em 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    margin-right: 0;
    text-align: inherit;
    }

Changes don’t seem to take this way. What am I missing? Thanks.

Amir Rather Support Team

Could you please send over the page URL and administrative WordPress access so we can check and let you know?

Private
    Brian Driggs
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Brian Driggs

Amir, while you’re reviewing the CSS, you’ll notice we’ve got some custom work done to paginate the home page. It works beautifully—but something about the way Elementor/Raven handles things breaks the back button.

Try this?

1. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click any page other than 1.
    2. Click any post on that page.
    3. Click the back button to return to where you were—something points back to page 1.

Instead of using vanilla pages it’s dynamically loading the next page, which is fine, except it needs to alter the URI in the address bar as well…which it isn’t. Any chance that might be something Artbees could/would address in an update one of these days?

Please and thank you.

Private
    Brian Driggs
    Private
    Amir Rather Support Team
    Private
    Brian Driggs
    Amir Rather Support Team

Still same https://prnt.sc/u7wtqw unfortunately 🙂

Private
    Brian Driggs
    Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

This one works, thank you, I tweaked your CSS a little to make the Pull Quote look like you needed,

Please check and let me know 🙂

Brian Driggs

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you, Amir!

Any thoughts on the pagination issue? It looks like that one might require an update to the theme, but I’d like to know if such a thing is likely (and we can wait) or if we should look to a custom solution.

Again, thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it!

Amir Rather Support Team

Glad to help,

I see a Lazy Load More pagination on the Home page now https://prnt.sc/u9oavc

Nowhere to click on pages, did you change it? or Am I missing something?

Regards

Brian Driggs

Thank you for checking, Amir. I tried the infinite load as a workaround. It appears to be working.

Might be worth testing the Raven Posts element, though. It appears that when pagination is enabled, advancing pages isn’t updating the URI. This breaks the back button and user experience.

It’s no longer an issue on my site, but others may run into this.  Here’s what’s happening.

1. User gets to the bottom of the currently displayed posts and clicks to load “page 2”.
    2. Jupiter loads page 2—but the URL does not change to match. (ex: domain.com/page/2/)
    3. User clicks any post on page 2, then decides to go back to continue browsing, clicks the back button.
    4. Jupiter loads page 1 of the posts element.

This means the guest has to scroll back to the bottom, remember which page she was on, and then click to resume browsing. I suspect most guests will just leave the site at that point.

It seems like there might be a way to address this with local javascript, but it would be better if Jupiter modified the URLs with each page click from pagination menus.

Thanks.

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Sorry for a delay.

I have reported this issue to the developers and they will investigate it as soon as possible.

Thank you for the detailed description.

Regards.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login