#43918 Hosting Google Fonts Locally

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Hosting Google Fonts Locally

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello Artbees,

Sorry I couldn’t find an article for this.

By chance is there a way to host google fonts locally? The purpose of this question is to speed up my website.

If this is possible, do you have the instructions on how to do so?

Thank you

David

Nodari Support Team

Hi David

it’s possible, you have to stop, loading fonts from Appearance > customize > font and typography section, make sure you are not loading any Google font here, after this you have to check if your plugins are not loading google fonts, for example, Elementor uses google font and you have to also disable it. Lastly, you have to implement Google fonts locally, there are different methods to do this, by plugin or manually. Unfortunately, we don’t have detailed instruction of this process

Oliver Fröhner

Hi Nodari,

I created child theme, added @fontface with font to style.css and deleted the google fonts in typographie settings and upoladed the font to my server.. but how do I tell the fonts in jupiter to use my uploaded google font?

Detailed instruction would be nice…

Oliver

Oliver Fröhner

I think I make it work.. choosed the font in the typosettings of jupiter and added a plugin that removes reference to google..

Oliver Fröhner

hmm.. now it get connection to roboto font.. not sure where it comes from…

hmmm…

David Whiting

Hello Oliver,

Yes I would like to know how to do this also. If you find out a solution could you please give me step by step help?

Thank you

David

Nodari Support Team

Hey there

Loading new font on the site is the first part of the job, after this, you have to assign this font(s) to the elements, for example:

h1, h2, h3, {
    font-family: “header font”;
    }
    .body {
    font-family: “body font”
    }

and the same for your other elements, if you guys cant find class of the element please provide a live example of the site and I will help 🙂

Thanks

David Whiting

Thank you Nodari,

To what folder in my FTP do I add the font file? Also what format of font file do I add?

Thank you

Nodari Support Team

Hi David

Answers on your questions:

To what folder in my FTP do I add the font file? – it’s your choice, there is no predefined folder for this
    Also what format of font file do I add? – web standard recommends woff woff2 eot and ttf fonts for best result

You can use this service to generate web fonts for your project, https://www.fontsquirrel.com/tools/webfont-generator
    and here is the tutorial: https://www.collectiveray.com/web-design/opinion/font-squirrel-fonts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login