#152467 How can I get my Blog Categories to look like my Blog page?

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme How can I get my Blog Categories to look like my Blog page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I finally have my Blog page exactly the way I want it, but I can’t actually use it. The problem is that my site contains both news and opinions, which must be kept separate. I have created menu items for each that work fine, but the blog page mixes both categories into a list of posts. Even from the blog page, clicking the “More” button invokes the same page shown in the category pages. Can I get the categories and posts to invoke the appearance of the blog page?

Nodari Support Team

Hi Patricia

Yes, this is possible, the general blog page will display all your blog posts, so, instead, you can create separate pages for your blog and for Opinions, on each page you can use the Blog widget where you can select categories you want to display, these two pages can be used in the menu.

Let me know if you have questions

Regards

Patricia Hampton

I couldn’t figure out where to put or how to use the category widget buy trying helped me but I did finally get the category pages to display with my site formatting through the options in the blog widget which I could put in place via the Bakery page editor. The remaining problem is the pages. I have tried the same thing with pages that I did with Categories, but I have to specify a page name since each “Read more” button generates a page with the post that would mean creating a new page after making every post.  Is there any way to use a wild card in the specify page name option?

I also eliminated excerpts in an attempt to get rid of the “Read More” buttons but they persist. I have been though every theme option I can find but no luck. I could sure some suggestions on how to get the post pages to display the way I want them.

Thanks again!

Nodari Support Team

Hi Patricia

1. Sorry, but there is no similar option for pages because they even don’t have categories, so, you need to find a different workaround.
    I can be more helpful if you show me a real example and

2. Please provide direct link to the page (and reference to the element or screenshot) and let me know what exactly you want with that page

Kind regards

Patricia Hampton

It would help a lot if I understood how the pages are created. I don’t find then stored anywhere so they are clearly being pulled with Jupiter theme’s default page builder and probably on the fly. My situation with them is probably fairly hopeless unless I can redirect them to find their instructions on a Category or Blog Page I have created with the blog widget instead of going to the theme instructions. The first image is just the structure of my Blog and Category Pages. Image 2 shows the blog widget options where it gives me an option to select the page I want. In image 3, I selected page. It will create and generate a page with the blog topic on it but I don’t really find that practical to do every time there is blog post. I have taken a guess at some possible wild card characters to use instead of a specific page, but no go. I don’t know where it goes to generate the page on the fly. Perhaps it would be possible to make smaller alterations if that was a possibility.

In any event, I think this is the end of the road on what I can do with this. Do you know whether JupiterX can do what I am trying to do here? I do have an unused license for it though I really don’t like working with it.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login