#48567 How to Display an ACF or JetEngine field in a jetwootemplate

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme How to Display an ACF or JetEngine field in a jetwootemplate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello to the hive !

In this site, my client sells spare parts for boat engines and he wants to show products (accessories) essential to the assembly of the parts that he sells. However the final customer may already have some of them (for instance he can re-use old ones) so they cannot be part of the product itself. It cannot be set in upsells or crosssells either.

I’ve created an ACF field group called “indispensables” (means essential), allowing to add those products to the product sheet in addition to upsells and cross-sells. It seems to be working OK in the back end, as I see the field and I’m able to add the “indispensables” products (courroie d’accessoire…) to the main product (i.e. Vetus M4.14 / M3.10 / M4-35).

(I did a similar process with a jetengine field as you will notice in the product page)

You can see the product here : https://temp.crescendo-formation.fr/wp-admin/post.php?post=2542&action=edit

Then I’ve built a Jet Woo Template (PEM-prod-seul-AVEC-indispensables-artbees) that you can see here : https://temp.crescendo-formation.fr/wp-admin/post.php?post=2277&action=edit

In this template I tried to display the ACF field “indispensable”.

I’ve tested several elements like :
    – Dynamic field : shows ACF / Articles indispensables but no way to actually display them in the template. Moreover some parameters seem to be breaking the page…
    – Product grid element : would be the easiest, but apparently no possibility to insert ACF

Impossible to display anything (except the url sometimes depending on certain settings)

Is there a way you could help me or at least show examples or resources to set up this product sheet ?

Thanks a lot in advance….

Christophe

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Christophe,

I understand what you want, but I believe it’s not possible with the current versions of Jet Engine or at least such feature is not developed yet to suit your specific requirements.

In these cases, I would usually suggest to develop a shortcode in a child theme and simply put it in your template. This way you can custom develop this product loop. Also, maybe the Crocoblock community users can be more helpful here or you can get to know if it’s possible in the future or not:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CrocoblockCommunity/

Hope it helps 🙂

Christophe Rastoin

Hello and thanks for the time spent on this project.

Actually, I insisted on ACF more than on JetEngine because I was not sure either that it would be possible ou easy at least. Don’t you think that ACF is more suited for this ? And isn’t there a solution withe ACF/Elementor ?

And I also came across somme suggestions to deal with shortcodes. I’m not yet very informed on how to build them.
    Would you have some links or kind of tutorials to begin with ?

Thanks

Hi Christophe,

I can probably implement a simple shortcode for you to list out the products you have chosen in your “indispensable” field. Then you can style it vis CSS. But all need an FTP or cPanel credentials. If you are ok with that please share your cPanel or FTP credentials in your next private reply. Thanks.

Private
    Christophe Rastoin
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Christophe,

Ok I added this shortcode definition to your functions.php file of your child theme:

add_shortcode( 'custom_indispensable', 'custom_indispensable_function' );

function custom_indispensable_function( $atts ) {

$indispensables =  get_post_meta(get_the_id(), 'jet-indispensables');
        $output = "";
        $output .= do_shortcode('[products ids="'. implode(',' , $indispensables[0]) .'"]');
    	return $output;

}

It fetches the jet-indispensables meta value and renders the WooCommerce products based on the selected IDs. You should be able to style them using the theme’s shop customizer from Customize -> Shop -> Product List.

I already added the shortcode to the end of your single shop template and you can see the result at the end of it.

https://temp.crescendo-formation.fr/produit/vetus-m4-14-m3-10-m4-35-copy-de-travail/

Hope it helps 🙂

Christophe Rastoin

Hello again Mohsin

And thanks again again again again again again again again again  ! ! ! ! !

I have to test a little further but apparently that is EXACTLY what I’ve been trying to achieve for days !

That is GREAT – PERIOD.

Christophe

You are most welcome 🙂

We would greatly appreciate it if you could please share your experience in using our product and the Support you’ve received. You can quickly do so by going to the “Downloads” tab in Themeforest. Thank you on behalf of the whole Artbees Team!

Christophe Rastoin

Done again.

Thanks 🙂 So much appreciated!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login