#138119 How to fix all the !Important references in the JupiterX Theme

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme How to fix all the !Important references in the JupiterX Theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m noticing a lot of !Important references in the JupiterX theme CSS. This is causing many issue with stying both within Elementor, but also in the custom child theme that we’re developing. How do we eliminate those from the theme?

What file can I edit to fix this CSS, found in the dynamically generated CSS for each page, for example:

.elementor-widget-button .elementor-button, .raven-form .raven-submit-button, .elementor-widget-jet-smart-filters-select .apply-filters__button, .wp-block-button .wp-block-button__link, a.elementor-cta__button.elementor-button, .elementor-widget-jet-team-member .jet-team-member__button, .elementor-widget-posts .elementor-post__read-more {

display: inline-block;
    outline: none;
    background-color: #004c97 !Important;
    color: #ffffff !Important;
    text-transform: uppercase !Important;
    font-size: 12px !Important;
    font-weight: 400 !Important;
    letter-spacing: 2px !Important;
    border-radius: 0 !Important;
    border: none !Important;
    height: 60px !Important;
    padding: 24px 40px !Important;
    line-height: 13px !Important;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out !Important;
    -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out !Important;
    -ms-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out !Important;
    -o-transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out !Important;
    transition: all 0.3s ease-in-out !Important;
    cursor: pointer !Important;

}

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi there

I see the example CSS you have provided is not actually from Jupiter X only but Jet Plugins as well and will only affect Jet plugin widgets like Form Submit button, Smart Filters Button, Jet Team Member button, etc.

Sometimes !important is necessary to override the default styles in some elements.

If you could let us know where this is affecting your site we will try and provide a fix.

Regards

Mark Jenkinson

Thanks Amir. I guess my question is, where are the Template CSS files stored? Do you have documentation that I can look at for the where the Template CSS files are stored, and the preferred method of creating a custom Template?

Nodari Support Team

Hi Mark

Could you please provide an example of the css code with the ! important tags?
    please include a direct link to the page and steps to reproduce it, from what I know we are not using !importants in our CSS files,
    Theme CSS files are stored in the .less format here on this path: jupiterx\lib\assets\less\theme

“and the preferred method of creating a custom Template?” – Sure, First you need to create a custom template of the post (It might be your post or any other post type) and then you need to assign it from the Appearance > Customize > Additionally CSS, If you share access details of your website in a private reply I will create a working example for you

Let me know if you still have any questions

Regards

Mark Jenkinson

I can provide access to the website, but first I want to clarify my question. Currently the site is using the “Agriculture” template. What I’m wondering is, where are the Agriculture CSS files stored, if I want to customize it. I realize that I can Edit the Elementor pages one by one, but I would rather make the style changes apply across the board, so I would like to “fork” the “Agriculture” template, and create my own CSS rules. Does that make sense?

Nodari Support Team

Hi Mark

We’ll, basically all the customzations in any demo is stored in partially in the database or in the dynamic files, both are not reachable for changes, you need to change them from the page builder only.
    Can you please provide example? please post link to the page and style you cant change

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login