#129280 huge number of http requests/page breaks down

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme huge number of http requests/page breaks down

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi.

Ive had problems with omhelse.no breaking whenever the number of visitors is between 30-100 at the same time.  It shows as much as 7-800 HTTP requests, load time that show error (o) or unstable results.

Ive identified the problem, it seems to be whenever I am using grid from wpbakery grid builder that comes bundled with the theme. I need the website to show all posts (can be several hundred) in a category on many pages on the website. Ive tried setting it to lazy load and load more button, but the results from tests like pingdom is the same:

https://tools.pingdom.com/#5ed79ae72ec00000

I have some css and JS from you guys on my website, but I am not sure if this affects the problem. Anywan I really need to find a solution so that the site is working even its showing all posts in categories. I hope you understand what I mean.

Example page: https://omhelse.no/alle-vare-lavkarbo-oppskrifter/

Regards
    Robert

Nodari Support Team

Hi Robert

Well, im not sure if Pingdom results are correct in this case, it’s pretty weird, it shows 144MB page size and 8.7S loading time? not sure how this is possible, plus, chrome dev tools show more relevant results: https://prnt.sc/1qcuyws which is a more relevant result

Pingdom has a good definition of HTTPS request:

Decreasing the number of components on a page reduces the number of HTTP requests required to render the page, resulting in faster page loads. Some ways to reduce the number of components include: combine files, combine multiple scripts into one script, combine multiple CSS files into one style sheet, and use CSS Sprites and image maps.

In general, if you want to test the theme on the HTTPS request you need to create a blank page and test it, that’s the pure amount of HTTPS request them utilizes to load the page, after this anything you add on that page is added by you, any image, element or anything else also requires HTPPS request, so, this is not about the page builder or custom CSS

I hope this makes more sense now 🙂

Robert Helle

Thank you. I understand the basics of this as you describe it.

However if you look at these numbers there is definately an issue with the bakery builder. I have done some testing:

We have 30 pages like this one on the website. All have the same problems. URL:

https://omhelse.no/ukemeny-uke-31/

1. Original page (the way it is now): Performance 70, size 101 MB, <b>9.6 load time, 588 requests</b>
    2. Removed rev slider: Performance 71, size 98,6, <b>Load time 13,54, 561 requests</b>
    3. Removed first grid from bakery builder – Performance 71, Size 34,8 <b>Load time 4,9</b>, <b>298 requests</b>
    4. Removed  next grid – Frokost lunsj og kvelds, Performance 73, Size 8.6, <b>Load time 4.36</b>, <b>162 requests</b>
    5. Removed next (nye oppskfiter) – Performance 71, size 7,7<b>, Load time 3,8</b>, <b>159 requests</b>
    6. Removed everything except page sections and some text: Performance 74, Page size 1,3 MB, <b>Load time 1,79</b>, Requests <b>85</b>.
    7. Changed grids to only show 3-6 elements: Performance 73, Page size 8.6 MB, <b>Load time 6.64</b> s, <b>142 requests.</b>

As you can see there is an unnormal high number of requests when the grids are showing “all posts”. Even I set lazy loading, or “show more” button, the results are the same. Hope you guys can enlighten me with some kind of solution as I have to show all posts in a grid on many pages on this website. I have tried “everything” I can think of but I can not find a good enough solution.

Thanks a lot.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Robert,

What I can see is a compilation of two bad practices:

1 – Using Post Grid shortcode too much on your pages
    2 – Using the “full” image sizes on the background of your grids.

Post Grid shortcode uses Ajax to populate the data and it’s slow by default. On the other hand, you are using full-size images in the background which is causing huge page sizes. It takes a lot of time to load the images for all the posts populated within the page. Consider that the image sizes are huge. You can change the image sizes in WPbakery Page Builder -> Grid Builder -> Select the background item and change the image size from “full” to “thumbnail” or “medium”.

Another thing that can improve your page speed is that you need to use a plugin that combines the JS and CSS assets all in one file and then loads it for you. At the moment, all scripts or stylesheets load in a different file which is not good for the performance. My recommendation is to use WP Rocket plugin but if you wish to use a free plugin, you can use the Autoptimize as well.

In the end, in case you needed a performance audit running by experts, please feel free to ask it in WPDone:

https://wpdone.artbees.net/

Best regards

Robert Helle

Ok. Thanks. Ill look into the images. I already use the CDN webP conversion from Smush. Wouldnt this solve the issue with huge images being loaded on the bakery builder grid?

Also, if this feature is slow by default, its not good for the Jupiter theme as this comes bundled with the theme and is the best way to show post grids across the site. If the website is going to look great I need to use some kindof grid system, so that I am using it too much? There are a lot of posts on this website and I need to present them to the readers in a nice way. YOu have any other suggestions here?

Thanks for suggestion the plugins that can help. I will look at them.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Robert,

Ok. Thanks. Ill look into the images. I already use the CDN webP conversion from Smush. Wouldnt this solve the issue with huge images being loaded on the bakery builder grid?

No, it won’t solve the problem of huge sizes for sure.

Also, if this feature is slow by default, its not good for the Jupiter theme as this comes bundled with the theme and is the best way to show post grids across the site. If the website is going to look great I need to use some kindof grid system, so that I am using it too much? There are a lot of posts on this website and I need to present them to the readers in a nice way. YOu have any other suggestions here?

You may use Post Carousel or Blog shortcodes which are Artbees developed. The Post Grid is the original WPBakery shortcode and has a different mechanism.

In case you are looking for a more flexible way to develop your websites, maybe it’s better to migrate to Jupiter X. In Jupiter X, you can design your own grid template and use it in any carousel or grid as you wish. (using the bundled plugin Jet Engine).

Bests

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login