#127736 I need help getting an API Key to work with an old version of the Jupiter Theme

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme I need help getting an API Key to work with an old version of the Jupiter Theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

<p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Hi,</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I am helping a client with their website. I need to update the Jupiter Theme which means registering it and putting in the API Key. The theme was applied at least a few years ago and the developer that applied it, no longer works with the client’s company. The point-person I am working with for the client’s site couldn’t find a document that contained the API Key from when the theme was originally purchased. I asked her to re-purchase the theme so we could get an unexpired API Key and proof of registration. She did so but when I pasted the API Key into the form field on the Jupiter Theme page and hit enter,  it didn’t work. I am attaching screenshots of where I tried to paste and enter it, and the resulting error message.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I wondered if it failed simply because the Jupiter theme was so out of date. Attempting to solve this a different way, I spun up a clone of the development site and first selected a different theme other than Jupiter (to deactivate it)  and cleared caches. Looking at it using a different browser, it was then obvious the Jupiter theme was no longer activated.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>I then used SFTP, and removed the “jupiter” and “jupiter-child” folders from public_html > wp-content > themes. Following this step, I unzipped the downloaded version of the newly purchased Jupiter Theme zip file and replaced the “jupiter” and “jupiter-child” folders into the “themes” folder. I cleared caches again and reactivated the Jupiter theme for this cloned site version. Unfortunately, there were a lot of issues with the resulting way the cloned version of the development site rendered. There were so many issues, it seems it will take a huge rabbit hole of time to attempt to solve them, in order to replace the older Jupiter theme with the most up-to-date one using this tactic.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>This puts me back to attempting to get the API Key to work with the older Jupiter Theme in my original development site. I am hopeful, once I can get that to work, then I can update the site using the WordPress dashboard. I am also hoping, that will help keep everything looking nice since updating the theme is one of the last steps needed to be accomplished before the development site can be pushed to live.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Please help me to get the API Key to work with the older version of the Jupiter Theme.</span></p>
    <p class=”p1″><span class=”s1″>Thank you so much!</span></p>

Private
    Diane Van Etten
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nodari Support Team

Hi Diane

I think you can Revoke API key used on the new site to use it back in the old site, try this method please: https://themes.artbees.net/docs/revoking-api-key
    I mean, the same API key you are using on your cloned new site can be used again in the old site, for you need to revoke the API key, it can be done from the Artbee dashboard, check the link above, please

I hope this helps, I can also revoke it for you if you need it

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login