#130469 I need to disable a textarea’s property , or want to make it read only

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme I need to disable a textarea’s property , or want to make it read only

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I created some forms in jetForms plugin.

I needed to add some explanation texts then decided to add it via the textarea. But i need to disable the textarea so a user cant edit it during the fill form process.

In the jetforms plugin there is no such an option editing the html property to make it read only.

Is it possible to disable some textareas or make them readonly with javascript or with another solutions. ?

https://sigortamfix.com.tr (textareas are in the popups which pops after clicking the buttons  at the bottom of the site. Also another button in the menu which orange colored )

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi there,

It might be possible to do this using a JS trick like this if you add it to Jupiter -> Control Panel -> Settings -> Tracking Codes Before Tag. However, not recommended to do this as you may want to have editable textarea in your jetforms later on.

<script type="text/javascript">
        jQuery(document).ready(  function(){
                jQuery(".jet-form__field.textarea-field").off().on("keydown", function(event){
                    event.preventDefault();
                    return;
                });
         });
    </script>

Bests

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login