#47131 Is it really necessary to install the child theme?

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Is it really necessary to install the child theme?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Good evening guys, I’m looking for the best performances for my wordpress sites. Tonight I was wondering if actually what I do in terms of theme customizations (I only add additional css code to my sites) requires a child theme or if the main theme still keeps these additions in case of updating.

I also noticed that on some old installations (with the old version of jupiter) the child themes are no longer active but the main theme has been set directly as active (perhaps with some updates?). However, all functions and all customizations remain functional.

Can you give me some useful advice? Thanks so much

Amir Rather Support Team

Please note that the Child Theme is only required if you made some changes to the theme’s core files, such as adding some styles or changing PHP files, because on update the Theme files get overwritten and thus the changes to them will be lost.

However, if you do that on your child theme, it is ok and everything remains there.

Also, the CSS you add to the Theme in Customizer or Theme Options remains intact on update always.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login