#138226 Jet Engine Calendar

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Jet Engine Calendar

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I am having trouble with the calendar widget with JetEngine. I am using a custom post type called “Leavenworth Events” but the date field is not coming through correctly, so the calendar is putting all of the events on one day on the calendar. Is it possible for you guys to see how to fix that? The page with the calendar is /leavenworth-events-3/

Nodari Support Team

Hi Trent

In your calendar widget setting, you need to choose Group posts by “Date from the custom field” not publication date, https://monosnap.com/file/o7PGw5qCXkRCzGNTSvMvxsrFHf6elR I did this and now it appears correctly

Thanks

Trent Flory

Great! Thank you. The only other thing is I cannot find out how to make the date show up properly on the calendar. It only shows a long number that is not a date.

Trent Flory

Sorry, a couple more things. I would like to be able to click on the calendar event and have it go to the single custom post titled “Leavenworth Events,” but I can’t create a template for the single custom post for some reason, and I also can’t make the event clickable on the calendar.

Private
    Nodari Support Team
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trent Flory

Thanks! The only issue I’m still seeing is the date is still showing as a random number instead of the date, no matter if I turn the “save as time stamp” on or off.

Trent Flory

Ok, it turns out I had something in the template for the calendar that wasn’t configured correctly, but I did figure it out!

Nodari Support Team

Hi Trent

Ok, that’s great, let me know if you need anything else

Regards

Trent Flory

So I changed the title of the post type from “Leavenworth Events” to just “Events,” and now the Single template isn’t working correctly, like the dynamic links aren’t showing up here: https://new.zmtwistedwines.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=761&action=elementor. So when I go to the calendar, it links to an undefined page. Can you help me with that?

Trent Flory

And one other thing, could you help me figure out how to get the calendar on this page: https://new.zmtwistedwines.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=36&action=elementor to have the query set up to where it only shows the events that have the taxonomy “Leavenworth” on that calendar. I seem to be doing something wrong.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Trent,

You need to enable the “Events” post type through Jupiter X -> Control Panel -> Settings and then assign the single post type template through Customizer -> Post Types -> Events -> Single Events.
    Please note that Jet Engine’s Dynamic Field preview is only available on its listing templates and if you wish to preview them on the single post type templates, you need to provide an additional plugin named “Jet Theme Core”.
    You can also use a temporary Listing template on Jet Engine -> Listing and after designing your template, copy the structure to your single post type template.
    Another method is to use Jupiter X elements such as Heading and text blocks and assign the dynamic value to them. This way you can use the preview.

As for the tax query, you just needed to select the custom post type on Jet Engine Listing grid settings. I chose “Events” post type and the issue was resolved.

Bests

Trent Flory

Thank you! For the tax query, I am still having a hard time trying to duplicate this for the second category “Lawrence.” I have another page https://new.zmtwistedwines.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=38&action=elementor that I want to be able to do the same thing but with the taxonomy “Lawrence” instead of Leavenworth.

Side question: is there any way to put the month names at the top of the calendar rather than the bottom?

– Thanks

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Trent,

Remember to choose the Events post type in the Calendar settings:

That’s what I just did and it resolved the issue.

Regarding moving the month names to top, you need to add this CSS in Customize -> Additional CSS:

caption.jet-calendar-caption {
        caption-side: top;
    }

Best regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login