#129673 Jupiter X on Azure

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Jupiter X on Azure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have a client who is using an IIS server in Azure to host the site we’re developing for them.  I’m trying to get them to install imagemagick on the server, but this is pretty problematic – see google etc. using the search term ‘ImageMagick on azure’.

What are the practical issues if we develop the site on this platform without imagemagick installed?  Is it used within Jupiter X for dynamic image resizing?

Will users see errors browsing the site if we continue to develop without this php extension enabled?

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

You can develop the site without Imagick too, it won’t affect anything as far as I know.

Only a notice will be shown in the Site Health section.

Regards

Pete Ward

So its a requirement that isn’t a requirement?!

Please could someone tell me why it was listed as a requirement in the first place?

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Pete,

It’s been used to resize the images on the fly. If Imagick is not installed, the Full Size images will be shown instead. So, for blog posts for example, if you don’t use Elementor and use the Jupiter X default theme, you will see full image on the cover area instead of the resized image. That’s it. No other effect and no errors or warnings will be thrown away.

Bests

Pete Ward

Good news, thanks

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

You are most welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login