#81529 LOTS of duplicate Google Fonts files are being downloaded

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme LOTS of duplicate Google Fonts files are being downloaded

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hey guys! Hope you’re well!

I’m seeing that a TON of Google Fonts files are being downloaded on my site. I’m only using 3 fonts, Lora, Montserrat, and Playfair Display, yet it seems like there’s 30 Google Font files being loaded according to GTMetrix.com.

What do I need to do to slim this down?

The site is thesymphony.org.

Nodari Support Team

Good morning Edward

Actually these fonts are only your 3 Google fonts but with font subsets, for example, when you select Lora font all their subsets are being downloaded, yes, this is a problem, and it’s already reported, our developers will fix it in the future updates.
    Im afraid there is nothing I can offer as a hotfix, one thing you may d is to deselect all your fonts from the customization panel and use third party plugin or solution to load and assign fonts to your site elements

Best regards

Edward Kado

Hey Nodari,

I appreciate the honesty brother! Let me ask you this.. I can easily just grab the code from the Google Fonts website to insert the Google Fonts in the HTML Header. If I change the font for the various headings, h1, h2, h3, paragraph, etc. to DEFAULT and leave the other properties like font-size, font-weight, etc will they still apply? I can write a little CSS code to select the font for h1, h2, h3, just curious if I also need to write in CSS for things like font-size, and font-weight?

Nodari Support Team

Good morning Edward

Well, font setting in the customizer works only if you have font selected from the Google or Adobe fonts, this means if you load them from the Google manually you may need to declare some fonts for elements, but these rules will be not complicated, basically, you will define fonts for your body, h1….h6, headers, and some other elements, if you know little bit CSS then it will be not complicated for you, plus you have us, we can help you with this ๐Ÿ™‚

Edward Kado

Sweet, let me ask you this. If I select a font in Elementor for a specific element, does Elementor automatically add it to the HTML header? I have no problem writing the CSS to set the default font, font-size, font-weight, for H1, H2, etc. I just need to know if I need to add the “rel” links to the header manually or not?

Nodari Support Team

Hi Edwardo

Well, Elementor is adding fonts to the page directly, so, if you select one font on one page you will not have the same font loaded on another, so, in your case, I recommend to load font by any normal method (You can even use @import which is the easiest method) and then manually, by custom CSS assign it to the general elements.

Once again, im always here to help with custom CSS ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login