#47277 MailChimp API and List ID Error Message

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme MailChimp API and List ID Error Message

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I am trying to set up MailChimp signup forms. I set up a Jet Popup and entered my API Key and List ID everywhere I could find but I’m still getting an error message when submitting the form.

ERROR MESSAGE: “Please, set up MailChimp API key and List ID.” Screenshot attached.

Here are three locations where I found a field for API and ID. Filled them all in, still no luck.

1.  Jupiter X /Settings – API key and list ID entered under Donut Plugin section.
    2. JetPlugins: JetPopup Settings – Added API key here.
    3. Elementor / Settings – Entered API key
    4. Popup form: Subscribe widget / Settings / MailChimp List ID / entered

What do you suggest?

Dan Scofield

Not sure if second image uploaded properly.

Dan Scofield

I guess it doesn’t like the comma i have in the image name. Trying again.

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Sorry for a delay.

As I see you’re using Subscribe form of JetElements plugin. In this case you should add Mailchimp API and List ID in the JetPlugins > JetElements Settings menu  > Integrations:

https://take.ms/0oYUD

https://take.ms/meI0Q

Please try and let us know the result.

Thank you.

Regards.

Dan Scofield

Hi Tatyana, I used one of the Jupiter X newsletter templates that apparently uses the Jetelements plugin. I tried several times to get to the JetElements Settings but I keep getting a 502 error page. What do you suggest? Thx.

Hello Dan,

Usually 502 is a server related error.

You need contact your hosting provider support to check error logs on the server. Perhaps some limits should be increased.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dan Scofield

I checked with the service provider and they didn’t see anything. I updated to the latest version of Jupiter X and the Core as well as all other plugins. Still getting the 502 error message every time I click on the /JetPlugins / JetElement Settings /. I also checked the /JetPlugins/ Dashboard /. It shows that JetElements is installed but there is a button that says “Activate License”. Does that need to be active to get the JetElement Settings to work? When I click on “Activate License” it asks for “JetPlugins License Activation” number and then a button to “Activate License”. Do I need a number/key here?

Screenshot attached.

Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

You don’t need activate JetElements plugin as it’s bundled in the theme and you will get the updates with the new theme version.

Could you please activate default WordPress theme Twenty Twenty and check if JetPlugins settings are working with it? Let us know.

Please provide FTP credentials in the private reply to investigate the problem.

Thank you.

Regards.

Dan Scofield

Hi Alexander, Ok, interesting idea. I ran a backup then switched to the “2020 theme”. Clicked on the Jet Plugins / JetElements Settings. The page loaded just fine. Entered the Mailchimp API ID and LIST ID. Tested the form and it worked.

Switched back to Jupiter X then went back to Jet Plugins / JetElements Settings. That generated the 502 page again. There must be something that is colliding between Jupiter X and that portion of Jet Plugins.

Technically, its fixed but there does seem to be a bug that needs attention.

Thx for your help. Cheers, Dan

Hello,

Please provide us with FTP credentials in the private reply to investigate this issue.

Thank you.

Regards.

Private
    Dan Scofield
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hello,

Please ask your hosting provider support to downgrade PHP version to 7.1 or 7.2 and then check the JetElements settings.

Let us know the result.

Thank you.

Regards.

Dan Scofield

Downgraded from 7.3 to 7.2 on DEV site.

Dan Scofield

From my admin point of view i tried to get to the settings JetPlugins / JetElements Settings but I’m still getting the 502 error page.

Hello,

I’ve optimized your database with the plugin WP Optimizer and now JetElements Settings can be opened.

Clear your browser cache and chek.

Thank you.

Regards.

Private
    Dan Scofield
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hello,

You’re welcome 🙂

Regards.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login