#138676 Making new “sidebar” widget area for shop page – Or fixing existing sidebars

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Making new “sidebar” widget area for shop page – Or fixing existing sidebars

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to create a sidebar area that can appear at the TOP of the WooCommerce shop page? This would allow the use of WooCommerce widgets above the shop content so they would appear properly when the shop is used on phones.

Currently, when the page is set for a RIGHT sidebar, any widgets used appear AFTER all the shop content on a phone. When the page is set for a sidebar on the LEFT, the widgets used get completely scrambled on a phone. Or maybe the LEFT SIDEBAR could be fixed so the widgets don’t fall apart and appear above the shop content on a phone.

At the moment, any use of a sidebar on a shop page is basically broken when the shop is viewed on a phone.

Thanks,

Sam

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will add a card for it to our backlog. However, there are always easier ways to fix issues. I guess this one is easier to fix via CSS. If you provide a page containing this issue, I might be able to help you via CSS snippets.

Best regards

Sam Bean

It’s difficult to provide a working page for that, as I did a non-programming workaround on the page that was my immediate need.

BUT, if you have a WooCommerce store page in Jupiter 6 (with products that have categories), I will detail the issue.

Apply the “Product Categories” widget to the “WooCommerce Shop” widget area (see attached screen shot and use settings in screen shot).

Set the Jupiter Page options to “Layout>Right Sidebar” (see screen shot)

View the page on a smart phone. The right sidebar will appear at the very bottom of the shop page (not good).

Now:

Set the Jupiter Page options to “Layout>Left Sidebar” (see screen shot)

View the page on a smart phone. The left sidebar will appear at the top of the shop page, but does not display properly (not good).

If there was a “Layout>Top Sidebar” (OR a CSS snippet workaround) that would properly display the “Product Categories” widget (as a dropdown list  – CENTERED on the screen) that would be what I was trying to achieve. Then the Product Categories dropdown could appear at the top of the page on computer OR a phone.

I’m sorry I don’t have an active or demo site where I can show this to you. I do appreciate your help!

Sam

Alexander Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Unfortunately, it’s hard to replicate the issue with a sidebar you faced on a test installation. It would be better if you give us the link to the page and WP Dashboard login details to be able to provide you with a proper solution.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards.

Private
    Sam Bean
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    Alexander Hutsol Support Team
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login