#131702 Menu not working properly on homepage

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Menu not working properly on homepage

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello, I just launched a site ( https://californianativeplants.com ) which overall is working great with one huge exception. The menu isn’t behaving properly on the homepage. And the problem is intermittent. When you visit the site, it is supposed to have a horizontal menu across the top with drop downs, some of which are mega menus. Recently, rather than display the menu it is displaying a burger menu even though the desktop window is wide and should be working fine. Further, because there are mega menu sections, those all appear jumbled together in the burger menu.

More frustratingly — if I visit any page other than the homepage… the menu seems to work fine ( https://californianativeplants.com/blog/wildflowers-seed-mixes/ ), and… if I am logged in as admin, it works fine all the time (i.e. I’ll get the burger menu when logged out but see the correct menu when logged in.

The homepage is the only page with a slider, so I don’t know if it has to do with the some sort of code conflict but the ability to have a menu and a slider on the same page is basic functionality advertised as completely possible with your theme. Or possibly it is an issue with certain code loading in the wrong order sometimes, because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. It worked properly for a few weeks and then this started happening, with no changes made to menu or page.

Lastly, even when working correctly, I can’t get the menu to switch to the mobile view on tablet or when making the screen size smaller, it just jumbles and stacks to the left. I’ve attached some screenshots since the problem is intermittent and it is possible that when you happen to view it, it is working correctly.

I’ve noticed that my support is expiring in one day even though I have purchased 32 licenses of this theme. That is a bit discouraging after investing so much in your company. I will extend support now, and also investigate hiring you to fix but I’m hoping you can identify the issue without having to do that.

Please note that the site is live… so please take care if making any changes. My customer is already quite frustrated.

I appreciate your help in advance. I’ve been a long time customer and am really trying to stick with you guys but these problems are making it tough.

Thanks again for your help.

Private
    Daniel
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private
    Daniel
    Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

I removed the Raven plugin since it is not required anymore, I also updated all plugins, please try installing the Transient Manager plugin to remove all the transients.

Let us know the results 🙂

Regards

Private
    Daniel
    Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

I see one thing common in all these websites that is they are using the Jet Menu, however, when I checked on my Andriod device the Menu was shown in Hamburger correctly https://take.ms/Z06BS

Which mobile device do you see the issue in and what browser, please?

If you check in Browser Responsive mode do refresh the page once.

Regards

Daniel

Hi — yes, they are all using Jet Menu, that is correct. The issues are occurring on Apple iPhone, Apple Desktop / Laptop, and PC Laptop…

On iPhone I have tested on Safari, Firefox and Chrome apps. On Safari mobile it is broken like in my original mobile screenshot (horizontal menu items stack / no burger), on Firefox and Chrome it sometimes shows the burger and sometimes stacks like on Safari.

On Apple Desktop Safari — it shows a burger even though the screen is wide and should be showing the full width menu. Further, the burger isn’t properly responsive as shown in the first set of screen shots. On Apple Desktop Firefox and Chrome, it mostly shows the full menu correctly when the screen is wide, but if the screen is made narrower or is narrow because it is a smaller laptop… the menu items stack / the burger never shows up… it is as if it isn’t recognizing breakpoints properly in either direction depending on device and browser, and the broken displays vary by browser.

Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it and am in great need to get this resolved. Thank you.

Private
    Daniel
    Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Daniel,

My apologies for the inconvenience. In fact, Jet Menu has changed the way it was recognizing mobile devices. It now only checks the mobile devices using the browser Agent. This means that, you can’t simulate the mobile device by resizing the browser window, you need to use an emulator or use the responsive options of the developer console and refresh your page to be able to see the change. (it is not triggering by the browser resize anymore)

Anyway, you also had another issue with your staging website. In the recent version of Elementor, there was a change that caused the issue on some websites. If you previously selected a Combobox in elementor, you may need to reselect it again after 3.3.x. We still don’t know why such an issue is happening for some users, but we believe that the new additional breakpoint feature caused this. I was able to select the type of mobile layout in your mega menu on your staging website again and update the template and now seems like the issue is resolved. I didn’t touch your other websites, only the stagin website.

Please check and let me know.

Bestss

By the way, I should thank you for reporting the menu issue on our demo templates. I fixed them as well the same way that I explained here. Thank you very much for reporting 🙂

Private
    Daniel
    Private
    Daniel
    Private
    Private
    Daniel
    Private
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

After an hour of investigating, I thought it might be related to the transients. I installed WP Optimized plugin and removed the transients using it and can’t see the issue anymore on the staging website. Can you confirm that?

Bests

Private
    Daniel
    Amir Rather Support Team

You’re most welcome Daniel 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login