#81185 Migrating Jupiter to Jupiter X – Using WP Bakery and Elementor on one site

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Migrating Jupiter to Jupiter X – Using WP Bakery and Elementor on one site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

We are interested is upgrading one of our client websites from Jupiter to Jupiter X. We really like Elementor and this is the main reason to wanting to upgrade. I read one of your articles here that says you can still use WP Bakery and Elementor on Jupiter X while using the Donut plugin. Have most users been successful doing this? At this time we do not want to manually convert all our pages from WP Bakery to Elementor but we would like to start the process and move forward building new pages with Elementor.

Below are some of the other plugins we are using on the site now. Do you foresee any major issues and what advice do you have for updating with our current set up?

Some of the main plugins:

Ubermenu

WPML : Currently have a Russian version of the website

Search and Filter Pro: Have a custom layout in child theme for the results page

Custom Post Type UI: Using this with Search and Filter Pro

Ultimate Add-ons for WP Bakery

We also have a lot of Custom CSS in the CSS section of Jupiter theme.

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

Yes, you can simply upload the Jupiter X Theme install Jupiter X Donut and WPB Page Builder and pages shall work, the only thing is that the Theme Options and Header/Footers need to be recreated. All these plugins are compatible with Jupiter X as well.

Regarding the CSS some, you can move it to Child Theme of Jupiter X styles.css or Customize > Additional CSS.

Regards

Words At Work

Thank you for the reply. We will give it a try on a staging environment.

Amir Rather Support Team

You’re most welcome πŸ™‚

Words At Work

HI, I am in the process of our migration. In my situation where we want to use WP Bakery for some old pages but Elementor for new pages….should I be using the customizer to set-up my site and custom theme options or should I use Elementor’s Theme Builder and new Site Settings to set up global options?

Nodari Support Team

Hi there

No, we recommend avoiding using of Elementor Theme builder always try to set up site by Customizer and page builder only πŸ™‚
    Having 2-page builders on the site activated is ok, but not recommended, if you have a chance try to stick only with Elementor, there are a number of reasons that having one pabe builder at a time is better than two

Regards

Words At Work

Thank you. However, I have to ask, you put out this article which seems to recommend using Elementor for custom header, etc. https://themes.artbees.net/docs/creating-a-custom-header-in-jupiter-x-using-elementor/

Do you not recommend me using Elementor for custom header/footer because I’m still using WP Bakery as well?

We will eventually convert all the pages to Elementor and get rid of WP Bakery.

Nodari Support Team

Hi there

“Do you not recommend me using Elementor for custom header/footer because I’m still using WP Bakery as well?” – Yes, we recommend, with Elementor you will be able to create a custom header and footer templates πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login