#79916 Minification issue

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Minification issue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have another issue, my shop filter (sidebar filter) is not working. On  contacting the plugin developer they said it is not working because of a minification issue.

https://lifehairclinicjhb.co.za/shop/

This is thier comment

alright, when I went to your site to check it out I think I’ve immediately found out what the problem was. You have a minification issue. See my attachment I’ve highlighted from where the issue is coming. Also, take a look at this article to familiarize yourself with the issue:

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” title=”“What is Minification and why is it Wreaking Havoc with So Many Websites?” — WordPress Themes and Plugins | Elegant Marketplace” src=”https://elegantmarketplace.com/what-is-minification-and-why-is-it-wreaking-havoc-with-so-many-websites/embed/#?secret=lmIpXnHBX5&#8243; width=”500″ height=”307″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”lmIpXnHBX5″ data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe>

Please assist.

Nodari Support Team

Hello Gary

Minification of the JS or CSS files usually are done by the caching plugin, please disable it and check again, also, if your plugin has the option to disable modification of particular page you may add this page in the list
    Our theme does not use modification, its not theme function, so, most probably this is a third party plugin

Thanks

Gary Youell

Hi,

Sorry I did not mention, I do not have a caching plugin? I have wordfence, and the rest if pretty much standard – whatever comes with your theme?

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

Jupiter X doesn’t have caching plugins bundled with it. However, The Recommended ones are WP Rocket and Automptimize others also you can check out this article.

Regards

Gary Youell

Thanks, so if there is NO CACHING plugin loaded, how can this be a minification issue??

Nodari Support Team

Hey Gary

Any chance to get a little bit more information from the plugin developer? our theme does not use a modification of assets files, maybe they can provide a screenshot of the problem or more details of what exactly they mean?

Gary Youell

Hi,

This is the mail trail with plugin dev:

<div class=”wpas-reply-content wpas-break-words”>

Hi

Second implementation, this time on Jupiter X theme but the sidebar is not working. When I click on any item it doesn’t do anything. I tried to set it up the same as my other site license.

https://lifehairclinicjhb.co.za/shop/

Did I miss a step or something?

</div>
    <div class=”wpas-user-profile”></div>
    <div class=”wpas-reply-meta”>
    <div class=”wpas-reply-user”><strong class=”wpas-profilename”>Jordanov</div>
    <div class=”wpas-reply-time”><time class=”wpas-timestamp” datetime=”2020-09-03T09:33:54+00:00″><span class=”wpas-date-ago”>2 weeks ago</span></time></div>
    </div>

Hello,

alright, when I went to your site to check it out I think I’ve immediately found out what the problem was. You have a minification issue. See my attachment I’ve highlighted from where the issue is coming. Also, take a look at this article to familiarize yourself with the issue:

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” title=”“What is Minification and why is it Wreaking Havoc with So Many Websites?” — WordPress Themes and Plugins | Elegant Marketplace” src=”https://elegantmarketplace.com/what-is-minification-and-why-is-it-wreaking-havoc-with-so-many-websites/embed/#?secret=lmIpXnHBX5&#8243; width=”500″ height=”307″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”lmIpXnHBX5″ data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe>

Best regards and stay healthy!

</div>
    <div class=”wpas-reply-user”><strong class=”wpas-profilename”>gazza777</div>
    <div class=”wpas-reply-time”><time class=”wpas-timestamp” datetime=”2020-09-04T06:39:05+00:00″><span class=”wpas-date-ago”>1 week ago</span></time></div>
    </div>

HI

Thanks for this, I disabled Jupiter Donuts and I have no caching plugin, but the problem persists?

</div>
    <div class=”wpas-reply-time”><time class=”wpas-timestamp” datetime=”2020-09-04T09:50:23+00:00″><span class=”wpas-date-ago”>1 week ago</span></time></div>
    </div>

Hello,

yes, it looks that is is still a problem, yes but that plugin itself could have some caching mechanism as I still see cache messages in the console.  Try disabling/removing all the plugins except our own and the WooCommerce. See how it goes. Then start enabling one plugin at a time to see if we can find the culprit and see if some other plugin is interfering with our own. If that fails too, try switching to a more default theme for a couple of minutes just to see if it works then.

</div>
    <div class=”wpas-reply-time”><time class=”wpas-timestamp” datetime=”2020-09-10T09:16:18+00:00″><span class=”wpas-date-ago”>4 days ago</span></time></div>
    </div>

Hello,

Your ticket will be closed due to inactivity. Hopefully, we’ve helped you out. Thanks for using our plugin and if need any more assistance, please do open another ticket here mihajlovicnenad.com/support, or feel free to re-open this one if needed.

</div>

Nodari Support Team

Hi Gary

Ok, I see, but there are no more details about caching, it’s the same talk you provided before, have you tried suggestions form the plugin developer? I mean deactivating plugins and changing the theme? what the results?

Gary Youell

Hi

The plugin developer asked me to disable all the plugins and test one by one which one is causing the issue, which I tried to do, but there are a number of plugins which I can’t disable because I then lose either the sidebar or the functionality completely (Jupiter X Core plugin and some of the Jet plugins).

So I am stuck and quite frustrated as the filter plugin developer suggests the problem is not on his side, and I and not getting anywhere on this side.

I even tried to set up Jet Filters – which actually looks great and could work, but also ran into issues there (some filters show (0) items in the category, when there are 65 items, others show the correct amount).

So honestly, I don’t know which way to go :-S

Maybe I can focus on getting the Jet Filters right with some help, but not sure with whom? You guys or Jet guys?

Thanks

Gary

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

I checked Price Filter in the sidebar on this page https://lifehairclinicjhb.co.za/product-category/inoar/inoar-absolut-daymoist-range and it worked fine. I didn’t see any categories in the sidebar. Have you removed that filter?

Please provide WP Dashboard credentials in the private reply to check the issue and re-add the categories filter.

Thank you.

Regards.

Private
    Gary Youell
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hello,

Thank you for the credentials.

Do you mean when you open a category page, for example “Muk”, you see empty value for the category in the sidebar https://take.ms/cuFXG ?

I see you’re using Products Filter plugin for it. You need contact the plugin developers for the investigation.

I recommend you to use JetSmartFilter plugin which is bundled in the theme and create a filter yourself as described here:
    https://crocoblock.com/knowledge-base/articles/jetsmartfilters-how-to-filter-the-woocommerce-products-by-categories/

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Gary Youell

Hi,

I can’t believe you actually asked me that after the LONG discussion above? Have you even read any of it? Of course I have contacted the deleveloper! You have seen his response above? He says it is not his problem, there is minification that is causing the plugin not to work?

I tried Jet Filters and that doesn’t work properly either. I asked above (anothing thing that has been ignored) if I shoudl rather focus on the Jet Filters plugin and pointed out this (copy and paste from above) I even tried to set up Jet Filters – which actually looks great and could work, but also ran into issues there (some filters show (0) items in the category, when there are 65 items, others show the correct amount).

So what gives?! I am incredibly frustrated at this point being battered from post to pillar and no closer to a resolution that I was 4 weeks ago.

Hello Gary,

I’m sorry for a long delay.

I checked the filter with default WordPress theme and the numbers are not shown there too, view the screenshot https://take.ms/Z3ALD . So it’s not the theme related, but the plugin’s issue.

So I checked the plugin settings and disabled Adoptive option for “Shop by brand” filter https://take.ms/rz7Ne .

Now the numbers are shown https://take.ms/a93sj .

Please clear your browser cache and check.

Thank you.

Regards.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login