#107415 Mobile menu not working

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Mobile menu not working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have created a mobile menu and a desktop menu for this site. When I set the mobile menu , it then makes this the desktop menu, and the other way round. I’ve tried quite a few things but can’t seem to make this work.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks,

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi James,

You have added an exception for the menu navigation and that exception is valid for “Everyone”. You need to remove the exception so the menu you selected works fine. That’s all. You can find the exception option below that menu selection dropdown in the header template editing area.

Bests

James Conaghan

hmm i have tried this but it still keeps going back to one or the other – are you able to try and do it maybe? one is called desktop and one is called mobile . I’m not sure what else I can do?

James Conaghan

did you have a chance to look at this? or if there’s anything else i can try… thanks

Nodari Support Team

Hi James

I just tried your problem and this is the result, Desktop menu is added for all the device, for desktop, for tablet, and for the mobile device, this setup works normally without any problem: https://prnt.sc/104j6hh

Please note, if you want to set different menus for different devices this method to choose different menus from the menu selector it will not work, instead, you may add another menu element, select mobile menu and make it visible only for mobile devices, while the desktop menu will be hidden for that devices

Thanks

James Conaghan

hi, i thought you realised what i was trying to do but maybe not then. I don’t really understand what i need do now. would it be quicker if you did it otherwise there will be lots of back and forth like this

thanks

James Conaghan

i tried adding a new one but the same thing happened .. is there actually a way to do this? maybe i’m doing something wrong

James Conaghan

is there some documentation somewhere ? It migbt be a bug because it doesnt seem to save the settings. I’m not sure.

Nodari Support Team

Hi James

Ok, I will do this for you, but first let’s make sure we are talking about the same, so, shortly, you want to display desktop menu for desktop devices and mobile menu for mobile devices, is this your goal? 🙂

James Conaghan

Hi <span class=”bbp-author-name”>Nodari</span>, yes, that’s right, I have created 2 menus. They look very similar but one has a ‘contact’ button for desktop – that’s the only difference.

Would i need to create a new menu and style it again? That’s what I don’t understand.

Anyway, if you do it or show me the settings thatg would be great.

Thanks ,

James Conaghan

hi – do you think you’ll be able to look at this soon ish? it’s just my client is hassling me to fix it. sorry

Nodari Support Team

Hi James

“hey look very similar but one has a ‘contact’ button for desktop – that’s the only difference.” – well, that makes your task easier, please always start with the desired result you want to have, we will find the best solution 🙂

Its fixed now, I just set mobile menu globally and added this css code in the customizer:

/*Hide contact menu */
    @media (min-width: 768px){
    .menu-item-11166 {
        display: none !important;
    }
    }

This code hides Contact menu element from the devices above 768 px

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login