#39781 Mysterious “Skip to content” message at the top of my website

Landing Forums JupiterX WordPress Theme Mysterious “Skip to content” message at the top of my website

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m kind of lost here. There’s this message at the top of my website. I just had some issues with WPML so I deactivated it… but the problem is still there so it’s definitely related to JupiterX.

https://dtx-science.com/

Thank you for your help

Mag

I forgot to mention that my site is updated (last update December 30 2019).

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There,

This is a WordPress feature, more about this function you can read here: https://themefoundation.com/skip-to-content-links-wordpress/

if you want to hide it simply add this CSS code in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

a.jupiterx-a11y.jupiterx-a11y-skip-navigation-link {
    display:none
    }

SigmaDev

Yes you can hide it with display none but if you want to remove it completely, there is only 1 way:

Comment out these lines from ‘wp-content/themes/jupiterx/lib/templates/structure/header.php’

I had to remove it because wave validator always shows error about this

jupiterx_open_markup_e(
       'jupiterx_a11y_skip_navigation_link',
       'a',
       [
          'class'     => 'jupiterx-a11y jupiterx-a11y-skip-navigation-link',
          'href'      => '#jupiterx-primary',
       ]
    );

esc_html_e( 'Skip to content', 'jupiterx' );

jupiterx_close_markup_e( 'jupiterx_a11y_skip_navigation_link', 'a' );
    Mag

Thank you.

Indeed, I already thought about the display none but it doesn’t seem like a consistent solution and it doesn’t explain why this suddenly appeared.

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

I wouldn’t recommend removing this link because it’s part of the website Accessibility and removing it will cause bad scores in accessibility tests and further on, it may affect your SEO. Better to just hide it via CSS if you don’t want to show it, although it will get behind the header as soon as the page loads.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login