#107510 Need to upgrade from version 5.5

Landing Forums Jupiter WordPress Theme Need to upgrade from version 5.5

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’m stacked here in the migration to version 6.

I’ve uploaded through FTP and follow your steps but the site gives this error:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined function mk_get_attachment_id_from_url() in <b>/home/wm9844/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiter/framework/helpers/wp_head.php</b> on line <b>234</b>

I couldn’t proceed. Can you please give me some help?

I give you the site credentias.

Thanks in advanced,
    Mariana

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

The PHP version of the site PHP (5.6.35) is pretty low, I suggest you contact your hosting provider first to get it updated to the latest version.

After that when you try to Update the Theme keep all plugins deactivated and remove the Visual Composer completely then try and update.

Regards

Mariana Coloccini

I’ve set PHP version to 7.2, that’s the best my hosting service provides.

Deactivated all the plugins, deleted Visual Composer, but when I try to install and activate the new Jupiter 6 plugins I get this error:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot declare class Mk_Static_Files, because the name is already in use in <b>/home/wm9844/public_html/wp-content/themes/jupiter-v6.8.0/framework/functions/dynamic-styles.php</b> on line <b>25</b>

Please, help! The site is down now…
    Waiting for your answer,
    Mariana

Mariana Coloccini

In the meantime I had to upload a maintenance image, you can check the site at this URL:

http://www.semino.com.ar/index.php

Regards

Mariana

Amir Rather Support Team

Are you able to login to the backend? because I can’t its showing directory.

Mariana Coloccini

I can’t either. I’ll have to restore a backup, I can’t leave the site down any longer.

Please help me to continue upgrading this site anyway.

Regards,

Mariana

Amir Rather Support Team

Ok, restore the backup and let me know 🙂

Mariana Coloccini

The backup was restored succesfully yesterday. Now we should proceed to update Jupiter version, but please don’t get the site down again!

Please let me know what I can do.

Best regards,

Mariana

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

I should mention that upgrading from 4.x to 5.x or 6.x requires recreation of some pages or sections. The fastest way to do it is to duplicate your website on a staging website, then update the theme manually and start recreating the broken pages/sections one by one. After you finished them, you can move the updated website to the live one.

Here are some tips on every step of this process:

-Duplicate your website in a staging environment using WP Staging plugin in just one click.
    -Find the updated package here in the Artbees Portal extract it in wp-content/themes/ folder to update the theme.     https://themes.artbees.net/dashboard/releases/
    -After finishing updating, simply use the All In one WP Migration plugin to move the updated website to the live one. It only takes two clicks.

Hope it helps 🙂

Let me know if you need anything else!

Amir Rather Support Team

Hi There

I should mention that upgrading from 4.x to 5.x or 6.x requires recreation of some pages or sections. The fastest way to do it is to duplicate your website on a staging website, then update the theme manually and start recreating the broken pages/sections one by one. After you finished them, you can move the updated website to the live one.

Here are some tips on every step of this process:

-Duplicate your website in a staging environment using WP Staging plugin in just one click.
    -Find the updated package here in the Artbees Portal extract it in wp-content/themes/ folder to update the theme.     https://themes.artbees.net/dashboard/releases/
    -After finishing updating, simply use the All In one WP Migration plugin to move the updated website to the live one. It only takes two clicks.

Hope it helps 🙂

Let me know if you need anything else!

Mariana Coloccini

Ok, I’ll give it a try and let you know.

Regards,

Mariana

Amir Rather Support Team

Sure, best regards 🙂

Mariana Coloccini

Hello

I’ve followed your steps, and I’m stacked in the last one: importing the updated website to the live one.

Maybe I’ve unterstood wrong the procedures. I’ve staged the actual site at the url http://www.semino.com.ar/seminostaging/ then updated Jupiter version in the actual site. I’ve installed and updated plugins, and now the site is showing almost correctly in the url http://www.semino.com.ar/

I could only notice some differences on CSS styles, spacing and some details.

But I don’t know where to update the website using the All in one plugin. Can you help me with that?

Please, I’ll be waiting for your answer.

Best regards
    Mariana

Mohsin Al-Rabieai Support Team

Hi Mariana,

Sorry for the inconvenience. You just need to install the WP ALL IN ONE MIGRATION plugin in both staging and the live website. Then on the staging website, navigate to ALL IN ONE WP MIGRATION -> Export and click on the export button. It will give you one file. Then on the live website, navigate to ALL IN ONE WP MIGRATION -> Import and import that one file. That’s all.

On the plugin description page, you can find two videos explaining the process:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Bests

Mariana Coloccini

Hello again.

I’ve tried following these steps with All in One plugin. Backuped the site in a file and imported it in the live site, but it seems not to be finishing the upload at all. Here I send a printscreen of what I get everytime. It stays still and do nothing.

The file is 460 MB weight, maybe it’s because of that, but it doesn’t show any error. It simply does nothing at all!

Any other idea?

Regards,
    Mariana

Mariana Coloccini

I think I got it. It was a problem of disk space. Now I could restore the backup but it didn’t help much. I had the live site more up to date than the backuped one.

Finally, I could upgrade everything. The only thing it doesn’t work is that I can’t edit CSS styles from the Theme Options. They never get saved. I have to edit them other ways.

Well, thanks for your help, I think you can close the ticket now.

Regards,
    Mariana

Tatyana Hutsol Support Team

Hello,

Thanks for notifying us.

Feel free to create a new topic if you need any assistance.

Regards.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login